Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anything that will give my wrist more support than straps?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anything that will give my wrist more support than straps?

They still allow some bend in the wrist and if I get the alignment wrong which is easy to do on a curved bag, it bends my wrist back and it hurts alot esp since I have done the same thing days b4 and it hasnt fully recovered.

Is there something like a corset for my wrist (gayest thing ive ever said) something like with a solid support that doesnt allow for any give?

Start your hand wraps at the wrist instead of your knuckles. Use two wraps per hand if you need the extra support! This isn't science it's taking your time and supporting your wrists correctly. Every turn you make with the wraps close your fist to make sure the rotation isn't to tight or loose. Then continue
    and keep checking on ever rotation. Keeping your wrist straight has to do with your concentration on correct techniques you can't cement your wrist straight!
    Stop crying and just work on it, theres no easy way to do anything in boxing it takes practice, focus and time!
    Ray

Comment

There's ways to wrap that will offer more support but what it ultimately came down to for me was a change in gloves. It may or may not be relevant to you but, for me, I only bend my wrist when using velcro gloves. Granted, I CAN still flex them with laced gloves but the way they're built around the wrist encourages me to keep my forearm and hand in a straight line.
      Also, make sure that your wraps are long enough or use two shorter wraps. Make sure that you're going over the thumb as well because just looping around thewrist a dozen times offers no support if it's not crossing around the thumb.

Comment

you have obviously strained the wrist somewhere in your recent past.

wrap properly but even more important, punch properly.

it'll just take some time to heal. if you really want a solid wrist wrap than pull out the tape. When you get into the bottom of your hand with the tape close your fist and wrap it solid. but still, if you throw a punch like **** it will not protect you.

Comment

I don't know about you guys but I prefer wrapping my hand with the "mexican" wraps, rather then the ones they sell that have velcro at the end to me those are kinda ****.

Like all of them have said you're most likely not wrapping your hands properly. I would also suggest doing pushups with your knuckles.

Comment

I personally never felt a difference with mexican wraps. I also don't wrap, almost, any of the wrap on my wrists. Majority of the wrap is layered over my 22s. (knuckles)

Only thing you can really do TS. Is either allow your wrist to heal (stop boxing for a week or so) or wrap more of the hand wrap around your wrists, making it stiff as hell.

Also, lil tid bit. I don't care if it is a curved bag, you really shouldn't be bending your wrists back. Either pick the right shots (i.e. stop throwing uppercuts on a heavy bag etc) or pay more attention to your form/technique (in the hand-wrist area). Sounds a little douchey but yeah dude, your wrists shouldn't be folding back at all.

Comment

Working...
            X