Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chris Arreola Gets Called Out By Chauncy Welliver During Arreola Interview! (Audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Arreola Gets Called Out By Chauncy Welliver During Arreola Interview! (Audio)

Chauncy Welliver (WBO ranked #11 HW) challenges Chris Arreola (WBO ranked #13 HW) to a heavyweight boxing match during a live radio interview with Arreola himself. Apart from being a professional boxer, Welliver is also a co-host of the show so the chance to call out Arreola directly was an opportunity that, understandably, couldn't be passed up.

Arreola responds by saying that he'll gladly fight anyone but that his promoter Dan Goosen needs to be contacted in order to finalize the fight. At one point during the interview, Welliver points out that he is in fact ranked above Arreola by the WBO to which Arreola responds by saying "Yeah, of course fans would love to see me smack you around.."

Boxrec Chris Arreola

Boxrec Chauncy Welliver
    YES - Arreola vs Welliver Should Be Next
    87.50%
    NO - Arreola vs Welliver Should NOT Be Next
    12.50%

from the quick scan i took at welliver's record, he hasn't fought any great or top fighters and was stopped by solis. being ranked by an alphabet org in the HW division isn't saying much, so it isn't a real lure for arreola, but hey he has experience so why not? make the fight happen, arreola needs to continue fighting notable/fairly good opponents to earn another shot at a belt, this seems like a fight he can make...

Comment

yeah he should just fight him. everyone else worthwhile in the division is busy with other fights anyway. might as well stay active and keep that weight down

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
        from the quick scan i took at welliver's record, he hasn't fought any great or top fighters and was stopped by solis. being ranked by an alphabet org in the HW division isn't saying much, so it isn't a real lure for arreola, but hey he has experience so why not? make the fight happen, arreola needs to continue fighting notable/fairly good opponents to earn another shot at a belt, this seems like a fight he can make...
        welliver was 290 when he fought solis but now weighs in the 230s.he has worked hard with joe hipp & has been very active.welliver has 2 regional belts.one from the WBO(interim asia pacific) & WBC(continental americas).david tua(asian pacific)is #2 in WBO & welliver has been trying to exercise his right for a title shot at TUA's asian pacific title but has not been able to secure the fight.i'm surprised tua hasnt been stripped or forced to fight him.tua owns 2 WBO regional belts & has a plan to rematch barrett in the summer followed by a showdown with kali meehan.i think welliver vs arreola is a great idea.if welliver puts his 2 belts on the line it would give arreola a much higher ranking if he beat him.welliver can take a punch but i just dont think he is a top contender but he hasnt had any fights vs a namr other then solis.welliver has dropped 60lbs & desperately wants a fight on TV with a name opponent.give him credit for trying to get tua & arreola in the ring.he has worked hard to get himself in striking distance of a big fight & was smart to go after a couple regional belts.bermane stiverne has 3 belts & is in an WBC eliminator vs ray austin & he hasnt beaten anyone with a heart beat.id like to see these 2 fight but a welliver\stiverne fight would have been good to.

Comment

I'm just 'lolololol'ing' at 'Chauncy'.

Comment

Originally posted by iJohn Locke View Post
            I'm just 'lolololol'ing' at 'Chauncy'.
            he wont beat arreola but has dropped 60lbs & has been active.hes trying to get fights with tua & arreola...

Comment

may as well. he needs to stay busy and keep getting in better shape

Comment

Listening to intv now. **** is hilarious.

Who is dude? Is he any good.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                  I've seen a few of Welliver's fights in the past and I think he's a decent technical boxer imo. For the Solis fight he claims that his training and dedication was sub-par and I guess there's legitimate proof found within his record as he weighed a colossal 282lbs for that fight, compared to the 239lbs in his last fight. I see Welliver trying to box Arreola from the outside in a fashion similar to Adamek. I think it'd turn out to be a good fight and a step up from Arreola's recent opposition.

Comment

Chauncy has no power. He can box, but Arreola would have no fear at all, and he'd be all over this guy, and probably put him in survival mode. Welliver has been targeting power punchers specifically (Tua, Peter, now Arreola) so he obviously believes he has the skills and strategy to break them down. Hopefully if Arreola beats Welliver, then Tua will target Arreola to avenge New Zealand. Arreola vs Tua is the fight that really needs to happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X