Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any Welterweight in history that could go through Oscar's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any Welterweight in history that could go through Oscar's resume undefeated?

Oscar had a shockingly tough resume, with most of the fighters he went against in their prime or still elite.
    Mosley X2
    Hopkins
    Sturm
    Trinidad
    Ike
    Floyd
    Pacquaio
    Vargas
    Whitakker (although he was past it by than)
    etc.

I'm thinking of a few.

Ray Robinson
    Ray Leonard
    Hearns
    Duran
    Wifred Benitez

The obviously problem is close to Prime Hopkins at 158-160. I don't see Wilfred, or even Ray Leonard having much of a chance against a 6'2 ATG fighter like Hopkins. I think the MW Version of Duran would have dropped against the Hopkins who fought Oscar and Tito as well.

Guys like Trinidad and Vargas were extremely dangerous as well as the Roided Up Mosley that Oscar went to war against twice.

ASSUME that you can just use the Prime Version of each Welterweight over and over again. Do you think anyone can go through that resume undefeated?
    Ray Robinson
    22.81%
    Hearns
    16.37%
    Duran
    14.04%
    Leonard
    18.71%
    Benitez
    5.85%
    None
    11.11%
    Amir King Khan
    11.11%
    Last edited by Skittlez; 01-31-2013, 03:10 PM.

Are you talking about his Welterweight fights or his whole resume.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
      Are you talking about his Welterweight fights or his whole resume.
      His entire resume from 147 on to MW.
      I wanna include the Hopkins Sturm fights.

Comment

I dont think so. Maybe Leonard and Robinson but noone else

Comment

I made a similar thread a while back. No one can was the majority opinion.

Comment

leonard i don't think so but maybe ray.

Comment

The problem there is Hopkins.

Robinson has a good shot. No-one else really does.

To be fair, Oscar didnt either.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I give Oscar credit for always facing the toughest competition but the fact is he was that in the first have the legends that he faced we're past their prime and the elites that he faced in the second half he lost all of the fights

Comment

Leonard and Hearns I think. Maybe Duran, but I don't know if Duran can get past Pernell. Needless to say would be interesting to see how Whitaker would take a shot from Duran if Duran could even get a solid punch on him. I'm positive Pernell would be moving backwards the whole fight though.

Comment

I actually think Leonard would be able to put hands on Hopkins. Not just pitty pats either, legit fast hard shots.

Roy touched Hopkins up early in both their careers, granted that was early in the careers but speed is a killer against Bernard's plotting style.

Comment

Working...
                    X