Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sports Illustrated interview w/ Stephen Espinoza

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good interview. Props to the S.I interviewer for asking real hardline questions. Not just some pre agreed upon softball questions like over at Floydhype. Props to Espinoza as well for not beating around the bush and giving straight answers.
    Last edited by Deevel916; 07-10-2014, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Good interview. The stuff about the Aug 9th card was BS. Yes, fights can be better than they are on paper. But fans gravitate toward a fight before it happens, not as it happens.
      You can't market a fight as a possible "real life rocky" and expect boxing fans to watch it.

Headline cards with great fights and let me stumble into a real life rocky on the undercard.
      They did that with Rios vs Alvarado, and that worked out pretty well.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
        They did that with Rios vs Alvarado, and that worked out pretty well.
        rios v alvarado was a fight between two guys that are at the same level. Danny v Salka is a modern day apollo v rocky-right down to the fact no one knew balboa and no one knows salka.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          rios v alvarado was a fight between two guys that are at the same level. Danny v Salka is a modern day apollo v rocky-right down to the fact no one knew balboa and no one knows salka.
          Danny's had some nice wins but he's not an elite fighter. He's a great 140lber. The minute he moves up is the minute he'd get exposed. And I'm a big Danny Garcia fan but it's the simple truth.

Comment

I found this interview to be worthless. It's just Espinoza defending his company from fans who either don't believe him or aren't happy with him.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
              I found this interview to be worthless. It's just Espinoza defending his company from fans who either don't believe him or aren't happy with him.
              It was worrying that he trash talked the super-six at the end. That was one of the greatest things to happen to the sport in recent times. Gave us great fights, brought great fighters to mainstream success as well.

He definitely sounded like a lawyer, and its pretty clear that the Floyd situation has been a flop with how he was trying to spin it.

Comment

Seemed like a decent read, he answered questions to issues fans discuss on this forum all the time. What did you expect from the interview?

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  He means he is just going to make up and believe whatever he wants no matter what the reality is.
                  The reality is the guys over at showtime are feeding us garbage at this present moment. So until the cards get better I won't be watching. I watch boxing for competitive fights not supposed "names" vs tuneups. Paul Williams just did and interview saying the state of boxing was depressing at this moment. I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by chibox123 View Post
                    The reality is the guys over at showtime are feeding us garbage at this present moment. So until the cards get better I won't be watching.

Canelo vs. Lara is garbage?

Brook vs. Porter, Bika vs. Dirrell, Figueroa vs. Estrada is garbage?

SMH...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
                      Canelo vs. Lara is garbage?

Brook vs. Porter, Bika vs. Dirrell, Figueroa vs. Estrada is garbage?

SMH...
                      Canelo vs Lara isnt on showtime. Its a ppv fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X