Comments Thread For: Matthysse Discusses Peterson, Says Alexander is Tougher

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
    Alexander would school Peterson like Bradley did
    Alexander fights like a btch. I'm not a Bradley fan but he comes to fight. Alexander is a chump.

Comment

He didnt say he was tougher, he said Devon has a more complicated style but he still thinks Lamont is a tough and good fighter.

Comment

I think Judah was a tougher fight for Lucas than Alexander.

You guys forget that Alexander came out to prove a point that night, because of his stinker with Bradley. That wasn't the boxer Alexander. More of the boxer/puncher Alexander.

I think Lucas has a harder time with Peterson than Alexander though, because Lamont is a boxer/puncher from the jump, and can take a shot.

Either way, Lucas by UD.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
          He didnt say he was tougher, he said Devon has a more complicated style but he still thinks Lamont is a tough and good fighter.
          He said Devon is "a little bit better" than Peterson.

Either way you cut it, whether he's using the eye test, are came to this conclusion some other way. He's jumping the gun saying Devon is better than Peterson.

It's something a guy like Marquez could say about Mayweather/Pacquiao. Or a guy like Khan can say about Maidana/Peterson, and so on. Usually this is a comment said by a fighter who's fought both fighters, or a fighter just giving his take on how a certain fight would go between two other fighters, when he has fought one of them, i.e. Marquez giving his take Mayweather vs Canelo.

It's a bit strange for Fighter A to say Fighter B is better than Fighter C, when Fighter A is about to fight Fighter C for the first time. Look how ******ed this looks: Prior to the Floyd fight, Marquez saying Pacquiao is better and was more difficult. But he thinks Mayweather is a good fighter, but jut not better than Pacquiao. This didn't actually happen, i'm just saying it as an example, that would look really stupid.

Comment

Well one thing for sure is that Devon is a beast at 147. The way he handled Maidana every round was impressive no matter how you slice it, Chino didn't win one round.
            Last edited by UTEP; 05-15-2013, 04:01 PM.

Comment

I agree.

I agree with everything you said. If LM thinks for a second that Alexander is a tougher fight for him than Peterson will be, his ass is already whooped. This will be the toughest fight of LM's career and will PROVE whether or not he is ready for the best in the world. It's a 50/50 fight but I lean toward Peterson because he's proved more at this point.

Comment

I think Matthysse meant that Alexander is a more difficult opponent for him, not necessarily "tougher" than Peterson. Alexander moves much more than Peterson and clinches on the inside, while Peterson comes forward and is an inside fighter. It's safe to say that Lucas will not have to chase Peterson around the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                  It's possible. Or Maybe Peterson would school Alexander like Matthysse did

But I like all of the mentioned fighters so it don't matter who beats who lol
                  I like Alexander and Peterson both equally but if they ever fought I'm picking Alexander

Comment

Matthysse wins by ko in the 8th than is brought up on manslaughter charges.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      I think Matthysse meant that Alexander is a more difficult opponent for him, not necessarily "tougher" than Peterson. Alexander moves much more than Peterson and clinches on the inside, while Peterson comes forward and is an inside fighter. It's safe to say that Lucas will not have to chase Peterson around the ring.
                      In the first few round he will, and Peterson's head and upper body movement are very good.

It's not that simple, but Lucas is a monster, and he's going to catch Peterson coming forward.

The only worry I have as a Lucas fan is his hand speed. If Lucas can't consistently put leather on Lamont from the jump, then Lamont might play tag all night.

You wouldn't think that by Lamont's reputation, but a fight of this magnitude, and you best believe he'll play it safe, if it's working for him.

Lucas by UD either way.
                      Last edited by BUNGALOWS; 05-15-2013, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X