Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like Kelly Pavlik but I think he is not gonna do NOTHING at 168....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Kelly Pavlik but I think he is not gonna do NOTHING at 168....

.....Kelly Pavlik looks healthy and everything, so I am glad his life is in order. But as far as boxing is concerned, I think he is not gonna do anything at super middleweight. He couldn't really finish his last 2 opponents (Scott Sigmon and Will Rosinsky) although the Sigmon win was a TKO. And those guys Simon and Rosinsky are pretty much journeymen with a good record. Lots of wins, but only against "nobodies". So- if Pavlik can't look impressive against those guys, he is not gonna do sh't against the top 168 pounders, cause let's face it:
    Pavlik's defence was always a little bit bad, he also got hit a lot against Rosinsky from what I have seen. Pavlik's power at middleweight was what made him so dangerous, but at super middleweight, 2 things are different:
    1.) the fighters at 168 can take a better punch
    2.) the fighters at 168 punch harder that those at 160

I don't think Pavlik is done, cause he isn't. But I can't see him win against the top dogs at 168. I can see him be competitive at 160, but against the likes of Froch, Ward, Dirrell or Kessler,- Kelly Pavlik won't do anything in my opinion. He is physically not strong enough to compete at 168 against the best in that division. Your thoughts?

I think he might sqeek past Bute on simple chin to power ratio. But that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      I think he might sqeek past Bute on simple chin to power ratio. But that's about it.

he'd pound arthur abraham as well, but that guy is a non-factor at 168 anyway.

i do think kelly makes for a good fight for rodriguez, though, which is a nice way of me saying that he can act as a top flight gatekeeper.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        he'd pound arthur abraham as well, but that guy is a non-factor at 168 anyway.

i do think kelly makes for a good fight for rodriguez, though, which is a nice way of me saying that he can act as a top flight gatekeeper.
        Author is still there?? I thought he was going back to 160. That's why I didn't mention him.

Comment

we already saw Arthur Abraham is also way too small for super middleweight. Actually I could have posted the same thread for Abraham (instead of Pavlik), and everything would be true as well. Only difference is that Pavlik might be a gatekeeper at 168, while Im pretty sure Abraham wont be able to be a gatekeeper.

Comment

Pavlik vs Froch is a good fight. Froch is easy to hit, and bouth have good power and chin.
            Kessler other good fight, but Kessler have not good chin

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Author is still there?? I thought he was going back to 160. That's why I didn't mention him.

that could very well be the case

i'd be lying if i said i care about the guy

in '07ish / '08 i really thought those two were going to scrap for the MW championship. it would have been a good fight. abraham had a great chin and punch at MW. so did pavlik.

Comment

Originally posted by nachorjj View Post
                Pavlik vs Froch is a good fight. Froch is easy to hit, and bouth have good power and chin.
                Kessler other good fight, but Kessler have not good chin

froch is not easy to hit. he's actually pretty cute considering that he's not fast.

he boxed abraham's doors off
                same with johnson

he'd win every round against pavlik. kelly's only advantages would be handspeed and power.

Comment

At this stage in both of their careers am I the only one who thinks Kelly can beat Kessler??? If Bob is trying to line Pavlik against Bute or Kessler I say bring on the Dane for Pavlik......

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
                    At this stage in both of their careers am I the only one who thinks Kelly can beat Kessler??? If Bob is trying to line Pavlik against Bute or Kessler I say bring on the Dane for Pavlik......

they'd fight at a pace and distance that would favor pavlik

kessler has little inside game or laterally movement. he's a very good european style boxer / puncher.

i still think kessler beats him, but the style is something pavlik could deal with

whereas a southpaw like dawson with good footwork or a well roudned fighter like ward who can make his way inside or outside and carry rounds would be a nightmare

Comment

Working...
                    X