No announcement yet.

Mr Fury's big night out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr Fury's big night out

Right.........my better half has gone to her Mum's place with the Vandal (that's our lovely but hugely destructive 7-year old who can break anything in seconds) and they can deal with his trail of chaos and mayhem.

That leaves me with a few chilled beers and the chance to put my feet up and watch Fury in New York. Bliss.

My hope is that Fury grabs the opportunity to close-in on a world title fight with a confident, classy display of boxing that will ignite some interest in the American market for him and also demonstrate that he can truly deliver (rather than freeze) on the big stage.

I am beginning to become a Fury-believer. His uncle has forced him to train regularly and go into a true camp environment, eat the right food and put some proper tactics in place as well. The guy suddenly now looks in shape, focussed and ready to become a star.

It is a big night out for Tyson and it will be fascinating to see how he deals with a proper, world-class operator like Cunningham. I am opting for a late stoppage or wide points win for Fury.

I have to ask did you see the knock down coming?

Comment

Fury is fun too watch,but he isn't as good as people make out,he will certainly take some losses in his career but should be entertaining along the way-probably a good idea too avoid the top heavies right now though

Comment

@ Funky Monk.

Suddenly thought it was going to be a far more interesting, seat-of-the-pants night the moment Tyson was interviewed before the fight.

Just way too pumped-up and Cunningham looked far more focussed and aware of what was going on during his ring walk; Tyson all over the proverbial shop and really needed Peter Fury to calm him down.

Was not that surprised Fury got clumped and dropped, much to his credit Richie Woodhall (who is actually a fairly good caller of fights and working for UK TV) was picking the Cunningham overhand right very early on and sure enough it landed and Fury was down.

Comment

Working...
        X