No announcement yet.

Khan needs a new/real trainer.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Its not a case of just him bringing his hands up & tucking his chin more.
    The guy needs a lot of work & hasn't to me shown any major signs of improvement in nearly 30 pro fights.
    Add the fact hes notorious for gym wars & took some brutal shots in his last few fights against Maidana, Peterson, Garcia
    Beatings like that will take their tole on just about anybody.

His chin is bad.
    His punch selection is bad, he has horrible balance, coordination and footwork.
    Hes got no head movement at all.
    He can't fight at mid-range or in the pocket, at all, what so ever!

I think if you could iron most of his flaws out, he'd be pretty damn boring tbh & it would only be a matter of time before somebody found his chin again.

Well of course, I was just highlighting Amir's low hands as an example of one of his many defensive flaws. But all of his flaws can be improved upon.

And Amir's punch selection is only bad when he flurries. When he sticks to the jab at range, he hits the target more often than not. The reason he gets off balance is because he's trying to be a fighter he isn't....that being an aggressive/long range fighter. That means he has to jump in with his punches is he wants to land anything other than he jab, when he should be fighting at mid range and using his jab to set up his solid right hand.

As you said, Khan needs to work on his mid range game. He is weak there, but again he can improve in this area with the right trainer and sparring partners. If I was his coach, I would work on his head movement and his footwork, both vital components of mid range fighting. He needs to land one or two solid punches at most then straight back into a defensive posture. His reckless flurries are inefficient and leave him open to counters.

When fights go to the inside (for example, when he's fighting a pressure fighter) he needs to forget about exchanging punches and proving how macho he is, and learn to tie up an opponent and break away without taking any damage.

If Khan only added a few basic components to his training regime and he would be much tougher to beat.

Comment

Roach is the best at offensive fighting. Khan needs to be more of a defensive fighter with the jab being his key.

Comment

Khan did say beofre the fight that travelling wasnt ideal but he was willing to put up with it. Sat was the consequence of that decision.

Going with Roach was right after the Precott loss but now after 2 losses in a row and 1 by KO its time to re evaluate. He needs a full time trainer not a part timer and he needs a more tactial mind that Roach whos fighters are dropping like flies.

Anyone who watched the build up would have seen Khan struggling in sparring and on the pads with some small Filipino guy. Khan pays alot of money for his camp and it doesnt appear he is getting value for money. His new conditioning coach also made him top heavy again which is what they blamed his 1st loss on but it all comes back to Khans arrogance. He was looking past Garcia depsite this being his comeback fight after a loss. Constantly talking about Floyd and not focusing on the task at hand. Can he come back? Yes he is young enough but he needs to streamline his team and fight much smarter because his bad chin that he looked to have addressed has resurfaced and will always now be with him.

Comment

I see internet nerds are also certified trainers as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Adzz View Post
            Roach is the best at offensive fighting. Khan needs to be more of a defensive fighter with the jab being his key.
            well khan was on the offensive when he got smashed with that left hook so the offence side of things isn't all that either, it's way too reckless

Comment

Working...
            X