No announcement yet.

The Official Miguel Cotto-Canelo Alvarez Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Anything above 154 is MW and Canelo was EASILY 170+ lbs thus making him a true MW and a non handicapped one at that. So, really, Cotto's power shouldnt be called "solid" at MW.
    As I said, I don't consider agreed catch-weights (especially 1lb above the lower division) to be genuine fights at a weight class. Even as a Canelo fan, I don't consider him the MW champion despite the belt as it wasn't won at MW.

Comment

• Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
      Yep, Goldneboy's gonna refuse the fight if it's not at 150 or some ****. Canelo knows he can get away with a **** ton behind closed doors where the casual Mexican fan won't catch wind of his ***** ass ways.
      The salt, the salt!

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
        Cotto is going to stop him. Quote me on that.

Comment

• LOL.........................!!!!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Canelo Vs GGG goes to the cards.

Comment

• Originally posted by potski View Post
              Cotto had to be injured coming in. Never threw the left with authority the whole night. It was frustrating to watch. Canelo has definitely improved though. Needs to move up. Looked gaunt at the weigh-in and massive tonight.
              I think Roach and Cotto's game plan was to outbox Canelo. I'm sure if at some point in the fight he had Canelo out of position he would have threw a bomb but he didn't want to use the James Kirkland game plan of ignoring defense, and he didn't want to mix it up too much against the bigger guy in the ring because it was too much of a risk.

Canelo did the only thing he could do, which was to wait for Cotto to fatigue. When Cotto was fresh, early in the fight he was embarrassing Canelo. I wasn't absolutely sure who would tire first but the logical thing would be to expect the older, more shopworn guy to gas sooner.

Comment

• Originally posted by RED REP View Post
                Canelo Vs GGG goes to the cards.
                You mean after 3 rounds because of an accidental headbutt, right?

Comment

• where are the Puerto Ricans?

Comment

• Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
                    Canelo is crying because he knows GGG is next
                    boy lost....but eyebrows still on fleek tho right??

at least u got that

Comment

• One thing Miguel deserves credit for is how well he took some big shots.

He was hit with a lot of big shots and there was one round in particular (6th?) that Canelo landed 6-7 massive shots in the space of 20 seconds and Miguel took them and was firing back by the end of the round.

Comment

Working...
                      X