Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the difference between Hopkins vs De La Hoya & GGG vs Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the difference between Hopkins vs De La Hoya & GGG vs Cotto?

Honest question because I see many people claim Hopkins 2nd best win at MW was De La Hoya but I see some say GGG vs Cotto is a mismatch.

Now ok assuming if you think Hopkins vs De La Hoya was a good match up than you shouldn't have a problem with GGG vs Cotto.

Size difference is about the same but Cotto is a bit more accomplished at MW and looks a bit better than Oscar did at the weight.

Not a Hopkins bashing thread or a GGG love thread just trying to understand the difference.

No trolling, no complaining, just answer the question honestly.

I have no problem with Cotto - GGG. Cotto has (or had now the WBC has stripped him) a middleweight title, a fight with Golovkin should absolutely be on the table.

Cotto would be the best fighter Golovkin has fought, I'd pick Cotto over Lemieux every day of the week. It certainly isn't a mismatch, it could end by first round KO and it still wouldn't be a mismatch, Golovkin has that type of power.

Comment

de la hoya had a pair

Comment

Not that much really in the way you mean although B-Hop was willing to go to 157 to make that fight go down and B-Hop would have cut off an arm if De La Hoya demanded it to get that fight.

Golovkin's team seems much more reticent to do stuff like that. I don't know that anything they could do would get Cotto in the ring though.

It would obviously be huge for Golovkin's career to actually fight Cotto though, would be the biggest win of his career especially if Cotto beats Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          de la hoya had a pair
          Good one, that is what I was going to put.

Comment

It's an interesting point actually especially since Oscar started at 135 and fought there for the first four years of his career so in spite of being taller he wasn't a more natural middleweight. The only fight he had there was a robbery win over Sturm and Hopkins was a much bigger 160lber than Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
              de la hoya had a pair
              Cotto stuffs his chones with socks.
              He has a deflated sac

Comment

No ****ing one says De La Hoya was Hopkins's 2nd best MW win.

Comment

Hopkins vs Oscar was also a mismatch and only over the top Oscar fans gave Oscar the slightest chance to win. Hopkins had to agree to fight at 158 or forfeit millions in an overweight fine .A fact that was kept secret. Hopkins weighed in at a very light 156 to make damn sure he didn't have to pay the huge fine. Hopkins fought very carefully in the early rounds and Oscar might have won a couple of rounds. About round 5 Hopkins got serious and was taking Oscar apart. Then Hopkins landed the liver punch and Oscar went down and couldn't or wouldn't??? get up. Because of different fighting styles the KO artist GGG would walk through Cotto and take him out within one to 5 rounds in my opinion.

Comment

Fishnets had more heart !

Comment

Working...
                    X