Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just signed up for the Tough Mudder.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] I just signed up for the Tough Mudder.

I've been wanting to do this event for a long time. This event will prove your manhood. Has anyone else done a TM? I need some tips.

ask meat and glove. they did it.

there were supposed to be pictures.

Comment

You need to speak to 'Chav'. He's done it.

Tough but fun.

Comment

Good stuff, it's brutal but great fun. I guess compared to some of the Iron Men challenges, this is a walk in the damn park

If you can jog 10 - 15km at a steady pace you are almost ready, but practise a lot of interval training because you need to explode and have raw power as well as a steady state pace to jog too. Just do lots of body weight exercise like dips, pull ups because you are dragging your ass over everything and anything.
        Take gloves for the monkey bars or be prepared to shred your hands. Nothing will prepare you for the cold water and the electric shocks, nothing! You will probably not remember much about the electric shocks, cover you damn face & head because people that dont are the ones that hit the floor like a sack of potatoes and moan the most.

They have a load of good training on their website. You climb and are an outdoor guy if im not mistaken, so you will have functional strength, all you need is explosive strength and to be able to jog & recover at the same time. Check your course and the obstacles it has and train for it

Wear a lycra top, cotton sucks when its wet. I wear shorts and trainers and a lycra top but last time i took the top off half way round too. Take some gels for nutrition on the way. Think of a good team name, get some buddies involved and have fun..

"The Surgeon" on here has also done it, ask him for tips too
        Last edited by chav; 02-05-2013, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
          Good stuff, it's brutal but great fun. I guess compared to some of the Iron Men challenges, this is a walk in the damn park

If you can jog 10 - 15km at a steady pace you are almost ready, but practise a lot of interval training because you need to explode and have raw power as well as a steady state pace to jog too. Just do lots of body weight exercise like dips, pull ups because you are dragging your ass over everything and anything.
          Take gloves for the monkey bars or be prepared to shred your hands. Nothing will prepare you for the cold water and the electric shocks, nothing! You will probably not remember much about the electric shocks, cover you damn face & head because people that dont are the ones that hit the floor like a sack of potatoes and moan the most.

They have a load of good training on their website. You climb and are an outdoor guy if im not mistaken, so you will have functional strength, all you need is explosive strength and to be able to jog & recover at the same time. Check your course and the obstacles it has and train for it

Wear a lycra top, cotton sucks when its wet. I wear shorts and trainers and a lycra top but last time i took the top off half way round too. Take some gels for nutrition on the way. Think of a good team name, get some buddies involved and have fun..

"The Surgeon" on here has also done it, ask him for tips too
          Thanks, these are some great tips. I have ran marathons so I'm not worried about the running part. I do a lot of caveman workouts in the wood and I join a Crossfit gym. My main concern is wet shoes. One time I ran in the rain and my shoes were so wet and I had a real hard time running. What did you do about wet shoes?

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
            Thanks, these are some great tips. I have ran marathons so I'm not worried about the running part. I do a lot of caveman workouts in the wood and I join a Crossfit gym. My main concern is wet shoes. One time I ran in the rain and my shoes were so wet and I had a real hard time running. What did you do about wet shoes?
            I did it in a pair of nike air shox last year...they weighed a fcuking ton by the end of it

Im going to buy a pair of really light mesh type shoes. I havent really investigated shoes yet, but i know the type of shoe i want, real light for that reason.

Some guys run it in vibrams, but im not used to those and i would rather have a bit more protection. The mud and water will make your shoes weigh a ton though

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
              I did it in a pair of nike air shox last year...they weighed a fcuking ton by the end of it

Im going to buy a pair of really light mesh type shoes. I havent really investigated shoes yet, but i know the type of shoe i want, real light for that reason.

Some guys run it in vibrams, but im not used to those and i would rather have a bit more protection. The mud and water will make your shoes weigh a ton though
              I tried running with wet Vibrams in the woods and they were terrible my feet kept sliding inside the Vibrams and I felt like I was going to twist my ankle. Maybe ill try duck taping my shoes.

Comment

just make sure to not go there like a dumbass hippy and run barefoot.

speaking of shoes. DO NOT buy new ones or use your favorites cuz after youre done with the course youre just gonna end up donating them, anything u wear is a goner. I used my old ass $9 starburys for that reason.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

but trig, thisll be a walk in the park for you unless you somehow roll your ankle or injure yourself lol. I ran 9 miles 3x a week to get myself ready for this

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                  X