Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao should have retired at the end of 2011.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao should have retired at the end of 2011.

A five weight world champion.

On a fifteen fight winning streak, including wins over Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera, Juan Manuel Marquez, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito and Shane Mosley.

Only three defeats.

The debate who would have won between himself and Floyd Mayweather, Jr. left open for eternity.

A record of 54-3-2 (38 KO).

From this point on Pacquiao lost his young Tyson-like aura and began to tarnish his legacy. It must be very hard to live with for his fans that he was vanquished by Mayweather after such a long-standing debate.

It is interesting to note that this was also the point that "strength and conditioning" coach Alex Ariza left his team. Would things have been different if he'd stayed?

Either way he should have retired here.

He could have avoided that Marquez KO loss.

His fans wouldn't have to make up so many excuses for him. Great idea!

Comment

negative, who's jizz i'm gonna lick in this last 5 years if pac retire early?

Comment

I think boxers have few f#cks given about "tarnishing their legacy". So that whole concept makes zero sense to Manny now I bet, let alone in 2011. And I'm sure the money he made from 2011 on has and is gonna help Manny and his family and friends more than his "legacy" is ever going to.

Comment

He couldn't have retired off a loss to Marquez, plus I think 2 of Pacquiao's best wins were against Bradley in the 2nd and 3rd fights. In the 2nd fight 2014 Bradley was P4P top 3 guy and he was the number 2 welterweight in the world ( some even had him number 1 since Floyd hasn't fought at 147 at the time since 2011) and Pacquiao beat him convincingly, so to me this is a guy that still had a lot left in the tank, the style mismatch against Marquez and Mayweather is something that'd always cause Pacquiao problems, Pacquiao fought Marquez 4 times and struggled with the same things each and every time, didn't matter what weight or what age.

Comment

Originally posted by Scholar View Post
            A five weight world champion.

On a fifteen fight winning streak, including wins over Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera, Juan Manuel Marquez, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto, Antonio Margarito and Shane Mosley.

Only three defeats.

The debate who would have won between himself and Floyd Mayweather, Jr. left open for eternity.

A record of 54-3-2 (38 KO).

From this point on Pacquiao lost his young Tyson-like aura and began to tarnish his legacy. It must be very hard to live with for his fans that he was vanquished by Mayweather after such a long-standing debate.

It is interesting to note that this was also the point that "strength and conditioning" coach Alex Ariza left his team. Would things have been different if he'd stayed?

Either way he should have retired here.
            What tarnished his legacy was the knock loss to Marquez. I still think a 2009 2010 beats Mayweather probably stops him thats why Floyd avoided him

Comment

Then I wouldn't have to listen to silly excuses.

Comment

I don't think being ko'd by marquez ruins your legacy.. It was an ultimate grudge match vs an arch rival who also happens to be p4p elite and you got caught in an epic war.. I don't think losing that fight has much influence on manny's legacy. Many greats have been stopped before

Comment

Heck no............Manny captured his 5th lineal title when he defeated Bradley this year. No one will ever beat that record ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    I don't think being ko'd by marquez ruins your legacy.. It was an ultimate grudge match vs an arch rival who also happens to be p4p elite and you got caught in an epic war.. I don't think losing that fight has much influence on manny's legacy. Many greats have been stopped before
                    I agree. Manny and JMM's legacy's were in tact before that fight

Comment

Working...
                    X