No announcement yet.

Golovkin's Opposition Revisited

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
    A miracle? That's an overstatement. What if BJS could out box him at the start of the fight and move in the second half like against Eubank Jr? I agree GGG would be a huge favourite, but if Saunders came in his best shape as of yet(which has been getting better) It wouldn't be a miracle for the guy with the faster hands and better defence to pull off a win against a slow footed albeit thunderous punching champion.

What if Andy Lee lands his right hook?

What if Quillin lands his left hook?

All obviously not the most likely things to happen but it would be no miracle if they did.
    Difficult to believe that a man who iirc hasn't been down in 300+ amateur fights and 30+ pro fights will be stopped in his natural weight class. Obviously it could happen but I really dont see it. Also, the amount BJS got caught vs Eubank Jr. doesn't fill me full of confidence for him.

Comment

Time for a Gennady Golovkin master thread.

Comment

Originally posted by vorgaphe View Post
        Difficult to believe that a man who iirc hasn't been down in 300+ amateur fights and 30+ pro fights will be stopped in his natural weight class. Obviously it could happen but I really dont see it. Also, the amount BJS got caught vs Eubank Jr. doesn't fill me full of confidence for him.
        Well the fact BJS wasn't bothered by the shots I'd it bodes well considering how much people were touting Jr's punching power. And he only got caught at all after 6 rounds when he had slowed down.

I love BJS I won't lie but I give him a legitimate shot at beating GGG....his run of fights have prepared him IMO....Sullivan, Ryder, Eubank Jr all pose a danger in punching power(I know they aren't on GGG's level)

I see the potential for special in Saunders...I just don't see it in GGG(or Quillin, Jacobs or any of the others)

Damn why did the boxing Gods have to cut Pirog's of all fighters careers short?

Comment

A miracle? That's an overstatement. What if BJS could out box him at the start of the fight and move in the second half like against Eubank Jr? I agree GGG would be a huge favourite, but if Saunders came in his best shape as of yet(which has been getting better) It wouldn't be a miracle for the guy with the faster hands and better defence to pull off a win against a slow footed albeit thunderous punching champion.

What if Andy Lee lands his right hook?

What if Quillin lands his left hook?

All obviously not the most likely things to happen but it would be no miracle if they did.
          Better defense? Are you delirious? No one has better defense than GGG in the division. In fact, he gets hit less that any other fighter in the sport save Mayweather. According to his combined fight stats, on average he gets hit only 11 times per round while hitting his opponents with 28 punches in return. The MW average is 18 punches per round. Anyone who claims GGG has poor defense should learn how to watch boxing all over again as they obviously do not understand what they are looking at.

And he is also far from 'slow footed'. He has some of the best footwork in the game today.

Some people need to take a serious look at how they watch fights because they seem to be missing a lot of what really goes on in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
            Better defense? Are you delirious? No one has better defense than GGG in the division. In fact, he gets hit less that any other fighter in the sport save Mayweather. According to his combined fight stats, on average he gets hit only 11 times per round while hitting his opponents with 28 punches in return. The MW average is 18 punches per round. Anyone who claims GGG has poor defense should learn how to watch boxing all over again as they obviously do not understand what they are looking at.

And he is also far from 'slow footed'. He has some of the best footwork in the game today.

Some people need to take a serious look at how they watch fights because they seem to be missing a lot of what really goes on in the ring.
            Oh shut up....His feet are terribly slow...his footwork makes up for it...I never said he had bad footwork you dickhead.7

Did you miss Rubio tagging your boy in the face with pathetically telegraphed punches? Obviously a guy who spends 90% of his time in the ring chasing over matched opponents doesn't get hit all that much...go get me Cotto's punch stats from 140 and we see how they compare

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post

BJS is better than GGG at not getting hit with punches that are thrown at him... if you are arguing that then I question what it is you are missing when you watch

Comment

GGG is legit.....fighting x4 a year with anybody who has the nuts to step up.....destroying guys who have never been stopped or dominated.....wish people would quit trying to call GGG a hypejob

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d_2RpM5pcA Sergey annihilated Etches. Khomitsky's winning streak sans robberies; Martin Murray, undefeated Frank Buglioni, Robert Stieglitz, undefeated Adam Etches.

Comment

I see the potential for special in Saunders...I just don't see it in GGG(or Quillin, Jacobs or any of the others)
                    One of the funniest things I've read on here ever.

Comment

Well the fact BJS wasn't bothered by the shots I'd it bodes well considering how much people were touting Jr's punching power. And he only got caught at all after 6 rounds when he had slowed down.

I love BJS I won't lie but I give him a legitimate shot at beating GGG....his run of fights have prepared him IMO....Sullivan, Ryder, Eubank Jr all pose a danger in punching power(I know they aren't on GGG's level)

Damn why did the boxing Gods have to cut Pirog's of all fighters careers short?
                      Some of UK fans are just funny. They DKSAB still it doesn't stop them from posting funny things.

Comment

Working...
                      X