Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does a win over Maidana rank on Floyds resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxfan1983 View Post
    Top 3, 5, 10??? How do you base your opinion, on Floyds (supposed) lack of superior opposition "or" Maidanas being a truly legitimate threat???
    Why does beating Maidana have to dramatically affect Floyd resume right now? Floyd is a tenured fighter in the last stretch of his career taking on young prime exciting fighters for straps, and building their fan base by giving them the opportunity. His resume will be evaluated 5-10 years after his retirement IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by The Raw Dog View Post
      Why does beating Maidana have to dramatically affect Floyd resume right now? Floyd is a tenured fighter in the last stretch of his career taking on young prime exciting fighters for straps, and building their fan base by giving them the opportunity. His resume will be evaluated 5-10 years after his retirement IMO.
      It was just a question. I really like Floyd, IDK why diehard floyd fans think every question about Floyd is discrediting and racist on NSB. Personally I think Maidana is top ten which is actually giving credit to both fighters. To be top ten on Mayweather illustrious resume is a honor in it self and for Floyd to take a guy on at his age that'd be a top ten win is a huge statement to his legacy all in itself.

Comment

Top 10,it's a solid win and will look better if he gets the knock out,but he has plenty of superior fighters in his career

Comment

Originally posted by Divine Hammer View Post
          i'd say top 3 just behind canelo. for me his top 3 best wins are:

1. corrales
          2. canelo
          3. maidana (if he wins)
          ATG material

Comment

Good, not great. A notch or two below Cotto and Canelo imo.

Comment

Floyd's best wins:

Castillo
              Oscar
              Corrales
              Hatton
              Judah
              Hernandez

What now? Who should I rank? Shot Mosley, has been Cotto? Maybe a C class Ortiz or Guerrero? Canelo? Heck Maidana can slot in right here. It's such a thin list of top wins...sad for a top boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by fundicao View Post
                Top 5

Cotto
                Canelo
                De la hoya
                Maidana
                Corrales
                Maidana better than Castillo?

Comment

I think it's behind Alvarez, Mosley, Marquez, and Cotto as far as fights since he came back. It's above Guerrero and Ortiz.

Comment

Working...
                  X