Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were a trainer and trained you son as a pro fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My boy would know how to use head movement and lateral movement when necessary so no worries there.

Comment

As a father I would want my son to know the basic fundamentals. Defense would be the main lessons I taught at a young age. Throwing punches properly would be the next lesson. Mastering the basics would be whats important in the beginning. Once he had it down, I would feel much more confident and comfortable when he started competing. The amateurs would be a learning experience for him. Depending how successful he was at that level would determine if I allowed him to turn pro.

Comment

I train my oldest son(9) now, and my middle son(6) will begin training next summer..we do it for the bonding, like playing catch or fishing, except here we hit and get hit..lol

My oldest son has had 2 amateur fights..he's 1-1..he lost his first match and won the following week in his second match..He was 8 at the time and was the only kid showing defense, head movement, lateral movement, clinches, etc..for being the first match (55lbs) the crowd cheered him on because of his moves..

I was glad he got to see for himself what it's like to compete in front of people..he loved it, and wants to continue doing it, so I never renewed his license but we continue to train..defense, counters and timing is what we work on most..I'm gonna wait til he's ten and throw him back in, he'll get some sparring in from now til then, but he won't compete until he's ten for sure.

As far as taking him pro, he's mentioned it, but I also said it's not an option if he's not focused in school, or getting the proper grades (no C's) but he's also only 9, so who knows what he'll be in to in the future, but by the time he's 14 and he's still talking about going pro..than it's time to step it up a notch and get him on a strict training and diet regimen and take it one step at a time.

Comment

Zab judah anyone

Comment

Originally posted by TheAuthority View Post
            That is nonsense mate. Show me some evidence.
            I'm not talking about skills, but the ability to finish opponent-killer instinct. there are some exceptions but most great fighters come from very dysfunctional families.

Comment

Id teach my son to pitty pat and run away. Then I'd go all Roger Mayweather if he started getting beat up.

Comment

Originally posted by eurochamp View Post
                Could you sit there and watch your son get dominated,bloodied,and basically beat pillar to post? Would you stop the fight instantly? jump in out of instinct? or try to get your son to fight through even though if could mean his health or even his life?
                It depends on the scenario.

If my son held the belief that Wladimir Klitschko was the Pound For Pound greatest boxer on the planet.

Well. . . . . . . . f**k. I guess the little brat gets what he deserves.

Comment

I couldn't watch any fighter take a prolonged beating, Men have pride and find it difficult to quit which is why I feel the trainers should shoulder that responsibility when things get grim.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    I couldn't watch any fighter take a prolonged beating, Men have pride and find it difficult to quit which is why I feel the trainers should shoulder that responsibility when things get grim.
                    Good call.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                      I train my oldest son(9) now, and my middle son(6) will begin training next summer..we do it for the bonding, like playing catch or fishing, except here we hit and get hit..lol

My oldest son has had 2 amateur fights..he's 1-1..he lost his first match and won the following week in his second match..He was 8 at the time and was the only kid showing defense, head movement, lateral movement, clinches, etc..for being the first match (55lbs) the crowd cheered him on because of his moves..

I was glad he got to see for himself what it's like to compete in front of people..he loved it, and wants to continue doing it, so I never renewed his license but we continue to train..defense, counters and timing is what we work on most..I'm gonna wait til he's ten and throw him back in, he'll get some sparring in from now til then, but he won't compete until he's ten for sure.

As far as taking him pro, he's mentioned it, but I also said it's not an option if he's not focused in school, or getting the proper grades (no C's) but he's also only 9, so who knows what he'll be in to in the future, but by the time he's 14 and he's still talking about going pro..than it's time to step it up a notch and get him on a strict training and diet regimen and take it one step at a time.
                      Thats really cool men.. i am a boxer myself and been into sports since i have a memory and if i have a kid I do want to train him... but of course if the moment comes and he wants to call quits that would be up to him.

Doesnt matter if its your son or not, everyone has their own life and shoud make their own choises ... specially one as big as fighting for a living.

Comment

Working...
                      X