No announcement yet.

Things in Boxing that piss me off

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things in Boxing that piss me off

Clinching - It's illegal and disruptive - Bhop, Andre Ward, Devon Alexander are all master clinchers.

Hate referees who don't deduct points for it. It's not a boxing skill it's a freaking MMA. I know cause Ali and Bhop did it, people act like it's inside fighting. It's pure garbage.

People justifying clinching cause they like their fighters - Hatton fans, Wlad fans, Andre Ward fans, Bhop fans and so on and so forth.

Judges - with fights like Lara vs Williams and Campillo vs Cloud it's just ridiculous. These are not incompetent judges, these are paid judges. There is a big difference. Again it's all about promoters and network and never about the hand that feeds them, the fans.

The f...ing media. Steve Kim is a paid writer by TR, Kevin Iole to an extent. Actually Kevin is not paid, he's just an ignorant mofo.
    I am sick of semi competent analyst and media members telling me what's going on in boxing when they don't know *****!

How about Larry Merchant being a promoter? Another senile moron!
    He completely discredits Martinez telling us he picks on the smaller fighter and asking him to go up so Chavez could be in a safe place. We know what's going on here. Pacman is paid by Top Rank, Top Rank gets paid by HBO, Freddie Roach trains Pacman. They make a documentary about Roach and Lampley is working with Freddie who also trains Chavez Jr. Wow, what a rocket science concept! So let's push for Pacman vs Floyd cause both guys are attraction. But let's keep Chavez out of the way of Martinez cause Sergio will whoop him and then the Chavez thing is done.

Since Sergio's last fight I have even less respect if that is possible for the *******s and the Floyd groupies. All of a sudden Martinez hasn't faced anybody good and he shouldn't struggle with anybody because he's considered to be an elite and threatens the thrones of Pacman and Floyd. Man, fanboys are so insecure. They expect Sergio to be the video game boxer that destroys the stiffest competition without ever being hit, cause that's what Floyd and Manny do, right? Bunch of ******s!

So once again - MEDIA and THEIR AGENDAS, FANBOYS, CLINCHING, CORRUPT JUDGING is all connected and all BS, have a nice day!

I agree. I fcking hate clinching to the nth degree. It's why most people think boxing is boring as hell.

Comment

Whether or not you like it, clinching is a part of the game and it's been around for years. Since you hardly actually get in trouble for it during the fight, I say use it to your advantage if you want to.

Comment

alexander usually doesnt clinch alot, neither does ward. by alot i mean past whats legal, some clinching is part of boxing and i dont think they cross the line. ward isnt even close to it. bhop is nearly 50, at his age you gotta let him hold onto something every now and then or he might fall and break his hip.

Comment

Fighters getting credit for a robbery win, while the fighter who was blatantly robbed, even if universally agreed, boxing media/journalists does not acknowledge this and just gives the undeserving fighter credit for the win anyways, because it was what "officially" happened and what the records show.

Comment

When a fighter smiles after being punched and the announcer says "He smiled, that means he was hurt".

Comment

i hate clinchers as well.I believe its okay to clinch only when ur hurt.

Comment

Clinching is illegal no ifs, no buts, no damn excuses!
                Last edited by pesticid; 03-20-2012, 03:49 PM.

Comment

clinching is smart if you're hurt but if all you do is punch-punch-clinch then your ass shouldn't be on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotime View Post
                    When a fighter smiles after being punched and the announcer says "He smiled, that means he was hurt".

That does annoy me.

Comment

Working...
                    X