No announcement yet.

Kellerman: Ortiz Gave Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarRay23 View Post

I hope he has a future plan that doesn't involve boxing, he seems like a bright kid so hopefully he does.

He is the Mexican Acelino Freitas.

Ortiz is bright, good-looking, and articulate. He should get a job at Abercrombie & Fitch.

Comment

Originally posted by QUISQUEYA View Post
      Ortiz took "quitting lessons" from Cotto.

This is why I miss Fernando Vargas.
      Please you idiot. Cotto was facing a top cheater using plaster for 11 rounds and gave everything he had. Cotto never quit in that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hard Knocks View Post
        Please you idiot. Cotto was facing a top cheater using plaster for 11 rounds and gave everything he had. Cotto never quit in that fight.
        It hurts you, i understand. But Cotto went 20 feet backwards and took a knee to AVOID being hit any more.

Sorry. Your idol quit.

Comment

yeah ortiz quit

Comment

remember how the camera showed his face for a brief moment right before raul caiz took him to see the doctor? son quit...and he gona say in the post fight interview that he doesnt wanna go out on his back(shield). he took 2 losses at staples tonight.

Comment

I even thought they (HBO, ref) were trying to give him a way out by saving face with the doctor coming up and THEN stopping the fight (also annoucing it as due to a cut caused by a punch) but to me it was clearly obvious he quit. He got up after the knockdown and threw his arms like "I don't want any more of this" and it looked like Ortiz was either talking to the ref or the doctor when he was on his eye and then it was stopped.

Basically the interview was just a confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by QUISQUEYA View Post
                Ortiz took "quitting lessons" from Cotto.

This is why I miss Fernando Vargas.
                Victor must have missed the class cotto taught where you fight like a warrior even with a big cut over your eye,

Comment

Originally posted by Keyser Soze View Post
                  He's got heart, he was just too inexperienced in there tonight. Kid's only 22.
                  cosign too young to be in the hbo spotlight this soon. also golden girl promotions is to blame for this, they should know what their putting their young fighters into.

Comment

Originally posted by elmalo29 View Post
                    cosign too young to be in the hbo spotlight this soon. also golden girl promotions is to blame for this, they should know what their putting their young fighters into.
                    Well they put their fighter in with a guy with same amounts of fights, 26, and only 3 years older. In that perspective it was an even match up, not a mismatch at all. The difference in the fight was the heart, one of them was knocked down several times but sucked it up and the other one couldn't take the punishment

Comment

i think that shot he took at the end of the 5th round was what killed Ortiz. the entire time in the corner before the 6th, Ortiz's corner was sayin they were going to stop it, Ortiz never protested an inch.

he looked like he didn't want to go out for the 6th round

Comment

Working...
                      X