Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: I Want Fury Next, Calling Him Out For Years!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched Wilder/Firtha, then Fury/Firtha. And I think, crazy as it sounds, Fury would benefit by adding a bit of what Firtha did vs Wilder. But looking at both fights, Fury got Firtha on short notice in his 16th fight, a less shopworn Firtha, and after a rocky 3rd still stopped him and beat him up alot worse than Wilder did... and Wilder got Firtha on his 30th fight and was also rocked a few times. I see this at least a 50/50 fight. Maybe even a slight edge to Fury for all the rounds he's went since early on. And he seems to have a more varied attack than Wilder, and his jab is at least as good.

This would be a great fight, but judging by how slowly Wilder was brought along to this point, I don't have alotta faith it will come off. Certainly would be a great one though. This and Provo/Matthysse this year would really put a shot in the arm of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      Just watched Wilder/Firtha, then Fury/Firtha. And I think, crazy as it sounds, Fury would benefit by adding a bit of what Firtha did vs Wilder. But looking at both fights, Fury got Firtha on short notice in his 16th fight, a less shopworn Firtha, and after a rocky 3rd still stopped him and beat him up alot worse than Wilder did... and Wilder got Firtha on his 30th fight and was also rocked a few times. I see this at least a 50/50 fight. Maybe even a slight edge to Fury for all the rounds he's went since early on. And he seems to have a more varied attack than Wilder, and his jab is at least as good.

This would be a great fight, but judging by how slowly Wilder was brought along to this point, I don't have alotta faith it will come off. Certainly would be a great one though. This and Provo/Matthysse this year would really put a shot in the arm of the sport.
      yea,,,,I also think its close to a 50/50 fight. fury in underrated imo. I think that uppercut he hit himself with makes many people think hes an uncoordinated oaf but he does have good boxing skills and very good stamina for a huge guy. obviously wilder has the big edge in power and speed but fury is more versatile. tough fight for both

Comment

Holmes vs. Cooney

record: 39 - 0 vs. 25 - 0

height: 6'3" vs. 6'5"

reach: 81" vs. 81"

weight: 212 vs. 225

rounds: 15

attendance: 29, 214

-----

Wilder vs. Fury

record: 33 - 0 vs. 24 - 0

height: 6'7" vs. 6'9"

reach: 83" vs. 85"

weight: 225 vs. 255

rounds: 12

attendance: ???

Comment

would end up fighting scrubs
          he should realize that he's haymon's *****

Comment

Good for for the 3 or 4 rounds it last's

In my opinion, Wilder will KO Fury and it wont make the 5th round. I can see it ending in the 3rd or 4th because once Fury gets caught clean he wont be able to carry on. If Cunningham can almost stop him Wilder wont have a problem. Should be one hell of a build up though.

Comment

Man this fight would be MASSIVE. I want it to happen in the summer almost too badly. Even more than Fury-Wlad

Comment

This fight is not gonna be huge, nobody is going to care outside of us hardcore boxing fans.

Comment

I want to see Wilder get truly angry.

I think Fury has the ability to make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                  X