Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Ariza fires back at Freddie Roach, claims Roach's ego is the problem

Here is the article
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing...222729767.html

"He's not the same person he was and you can talk to people in boxing who will tell you that," Ariza said. "He's become a celebrity. He said I became difficult to work with, but I never changed my approach."
    Last edited by hectari; 08-08-2013, 02:50 PM.

I agree with Ariza here, this is foul, if anything Pacman needs to fire Roach, Roach is more interested in fame and money and being a TV star.

Its fuked up Roach has no friends he gets jealous if the attention doesn't go fully on him or the credit.

Remember when he brought in Michael Moorer? it was Moorer who was actually doing most of the strategic training and he was getting really close with Manny and Manny was listening to him more than Freddie, it was Moorer who came up with that counter on Hatton not Roach. People were praising Moorer for that fight, and than bam Roach fires Moorer and claims its because people in the gym didn't like him, it was more like Roach didn't like Moorer getting shine or credit for helping Pacman.

After Moorer gets fired, Mike Tyson walks into the gym he is humbled and overweight and was looking to Roach for help, Tyson wanted to help learn to be a good boxing trainer and asked Roach if he could help train Manny Pacquiao, Roach refused, he probably refused for the simple reason that Tyson training Pacquiao would take away from Roach's spotlight on 24/7. More jealousy from Roach and envy. He hates others to get more shine and credit than he does.

If you remember Roach fired Justin Fortune and stole his check when Roach left 5 fighters in the dirt to go train Oscar de la hoya for 500 thousand bucks against Mayweather.

Justin Fortune was the guy left at the gym training all of them including Izzy, Viloria, Lazcano and Pacquiao. Fortune was a damn good coach he was the guy who Pacman never disobeyed and listened to. Roach flies back to Texas to work the corner for Pacman even though Manny told Roach its okay coach Fortune is good, stay with Oscar, but no Roach flew to the fight claiming Pacman needed him in the corner.

After the fight Arum had a beef with Roach for going to Golden boy, and he signed the entire check over to Fortune I think it was something like 80grand or something like that, Roach got mad called up Fortune and demanded the check, Fortune told Roach to F off after Roach threatened him, and Roach kicked fortune and Macka Foley out of the gym, Macka has known Freddie for years too.

Roach is shrewd as they come, he has no friends, the guy even treats his ex girlfriend like crap if you watched on Freddie Roach.

Now Ariza was hired by Roach to replace Fortune and Roach praised him and Ariza would always defend Roach, and they seemed like a good chemistry going on. Than things changed when Ariza was getting close with Manny, and people were giving him more credit for Pacmans success than Roach.

Ariza becomes public enemy number 1.

Roach is not a good dude.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      I agree with Ariza here, this is foul, if anything Pacman needs to fire Roach, Roach is more interested in fame and money and being a TV star.

Its fuked up Roach has no friends he gets jealous if the attention doesn't go fully on him or the credit.

Remember when he brought in Michael Moorer? it was Moorer who was actually doing most of the strategic training and he was getting really close with Manny and Manny was listening to him more than Freddie, it was Moorer who came up with that counter on Hatton not Roach. People were praising Moorer for that fight, and than bam Roach fires Moorer and claims its because people in the gym didn't like him, it was more like Roach didn't like Moorer getting shine or credit for helping Pacman.

After Moorer gets fired, Mike Tyson walks into the gym he is humbled and overweight and was looking to Roach for help, Tyson wanted to help learn to be a good boxing trainer and asked Roach if he could help train Manny Pacquiao, Roach refused, he probably refused for the simple reason that Tyson training Pacquiao would take away from Roach's spotlight on 24/7. More jealousy from Roach and envy. He hates others to get more shine and credit than he does.

If you remember Roach fired Justin Fortune and stole his check when Roach left 5 fighters in the dirt to go train Oscar de la hoya for 500 thousand bucks against Mayweather.

Justin Fortune was the guy left at the gym training all of them including Izzy, Viloria, Lazcano and Pacquiao. Fortune was a damn good coach he was the guy who Pacman never disobeyed and listened to. Roach flies back to Texas to work the corner for Pacman even though Manny told Roach its okay coach Fortune is good, stay with Oscar, but no Roach flew to the fight claiming Pacman needed him in the corner.

After the fight Arum had a beef with Roach for going to Golden boy, and he signed the entire check over to Fortune I think it was something like 80grand or something like that, Roach got mad called up Fortune and demanded the check, Fortune told Roach to F off after Roach threatened him, and Roach kicked fortune and Macka Foley out of the gym, Macka has known Freddie for years too.

Roach is shrewd as they come, he has no friends, the guy even treats his ex girlfriend like crap if you watched on Freddie Roach.

Now Ariza was hired by Roach to replace Fortune and Roach praised him and Ariza would always defend Roach, and they seemed like a good chemistry going on. Than things changed when Ariza was getting close with Manny, and people were giving him more credit for Pacmans success than Roach.

Ariza becomes public enemy number 1.

Roach is not a good dude.
      tell us how you really feel lol

Comment

Roach needs to shut it down. Most of his fighters are falling off.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
          Roach needs to shut it down. Most of his fighters are falling off.
          Roach is no longer the same, dude doesn't even study tape anymore. He just does the same mitt routine over and over and cares more about how much camera time he gets on the 24/7 shows.

At this stage in Manny's career his conditioning is most important, Roach cant offer him anything anymore. As you get older your conditioning is what needs central focus just so you can maintain in a fight.

This shows you why my prediction is on point, Rios will KO Manny.

Roach and Buboy are now taking over as conditioning coach for Manny that shows right there that Rios will win, Pacman is going to be weak and old and slow without a strict conditioning and nutrition regimen.

Comment

From Ariza's point of view, I guessed previously that it was Roach's ego. Roach has a minor point too. He can't let anything interfere with his fighter, and if Manny said what he said, Roach did what he wanted to do.

Do I believe that Ariza was trying to do everything? No, Manny would've stepped in. Is Ariza an a-hole. Yes. Is Roach an a-hole, yes. I hope everything is good with Manny now. Ariza must've been a real a-hole for the trainer to fire you. It's either that or ego.

Comment

From what I've seen of the two, it's Ariza who has the ego, arrogance and chip on his shoulder.

Comment

It's not hard to believe that the joke coach roach has an ego

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  From what I've seen of the two, it's Ariza who has the ego, arrogance and chip on his shoulder.
                  I think he put that in check when Manny told not to be arrogant, Ariza calmed down big time, but yes he did have a huge ego but he has mellowed.

I just think Pac without conditioning will suffer big time.

Roach already taught Manny all he can.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    I hope Pacquiao gets KO by the punch drunk Rios so we can stop hearing about Roach and Ariza. Roach seems like a prick, his brother Pepper had a stroke and he checked on him for about a minute like if Pepper was taking his TV time and he had to continue of milking his Parkinson's. I'll never leave my brother out to dry like that

Comment

Working...
                    X