No announcement yet.

Audley Harrison Could Fight for a World title in 2010

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audley Harrison Could Fight for a World title in 2010

Heavyweight Audley Harrison could have greatness ahead of him in 2010 or 2011 at the latest if he can keep looking sensational like he did in capturing the Prizefighter tourney. Harrison, 37, knocked down all three of his Prizefighter opponents – Scott Belshaw, Danny Hughes and Coleman Barrett – stopping two of the three fighters. Harrison showed that he’s finally arrived as a top fighter after having toiled fruitlessly for the past eight years as a pro.

Before the Prizefighter tourney last week, Harrison was given up as a lost cause, a fighter who had his chance but failed to live up to the potential that he had in him. But Harrison proved the boxing experts wrong and will be looking to challenge for a major heavyweight title in 2010 or 2011, at the latest. The only thing that Harrison has to do before then is go keep on winning impressively to prove his critics wrong.

Harrison reminded me of a mature version of Lennox Lewis the way that he tore through the Prizefighter competition. And, yes, I know that Harrison isn’t being given much credit for beating the fighters that were put in front of him, but those fighters would have given any heavyweight in the division problems with the way they attacked Harrison.

But Harrison showed great poise and an even better left hand as he tore into the Prizefighter compeition. Harrison put Hughes down in the 2nd round of their bout with a straight left hand. That knockdown effectively sealed the win for Harrison. In Harrison’s quarter final fight against Belshaw, Harrison dropped him twice with big left hands.

The bout was stopped in the 2nd after Harrison crushed Belshaw with a tremendous left hand. What may have been a prelude to what will be coming in the future, Harrison handled the 6’7” Belshaw with ease, keeping him at a distance with by holding a right arm outstretched and tagging him with straight lefts.

This could be an early look of how Harrison will do when he eventually sets foot in the ring against either Vitali or Wladimir Klitschko. It was like watching an tape of Lennox Lewis in his fight against Vitali Klitschko. Harrison looked incredible the way he made Belshaw look small and helpless. Harrison seems to fight really well against tall heavyweights and I would give him a better than even chance to beat either of the Klitschko brothers if he were to fight tomorrow.

Harrison needs to be put in with a top contender immediately. He can’t be wasted in fighting for a regional title. He needs to think big and knock off a top contender and then go after one of the champions. I’d like to see Harrison fight David Haye, if David is able to pick up the World Boxing Association heavyweight title with a win over Nikolay Valuev next month on November 7th. Haye would be a good warm up for one of the Klitschko brothers.

If ever I become famous, I want a fan like you.

I could be **** at everything and fuck up everything I do, but you'd still be there swooning at the very mention of me. Brings a tear to me eye, so it does.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
      If ever I become famous, I want a fan like you.

I could be **** at everything and fuck up everything I do, but you'd still be there swooning at the very mention of me. Brings a tear to me eye, so it does.
      HAHHAAH for real bro. audley is done man. wait i think that dude writing that is audley harrison. hhahaha

Comment

Comment

Harrison will never win a world title.

Comment

Originally posted by Blairhoyle792 View Post
            Harrison will never win a world title.
            He could win a WBU or IBA easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychо View Post
              Exatly, could never win a world title.

Comment

he would stand a good chance if u put him in with vitali or wladimir tomorrow ?

this is a joke right.

coleman barrett was beating audley up in rd1 and he had no answer.
                think what vitali would do in rd1,2,3 etc lol

i was impressed by audley, but lets be realistic, hes prizefighter level, nothing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Psychо View Post
                  hardly a world title then!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blairhoyle792 View Post
                    hardly a world title then!!
                    World Boxing Union, International Boxing Association. Those are world titles. Also the WPBF, or what ever it's called. They're just not major world titles.

Comment

Working...
                    X