No announcement yet.

If Norris had a better chin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
    Some people don't seem to grasp how elite "top 10 P4P all time" actually is.
    You may say that, but how many of the people YOU rate top 10 p4p ATG had all the tools that Norris had? Both speed, athleticism, power, footwork and technical skill? He was amazing. People were starting to compare him to SRR and SRL, no matter how washed up, never had a chance against him. Makes you wonder how well he'd do if he was prime. I still think Norris could beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
      You may say that, but how many of the people YOU rate top 10 p4p ATG had all the tools that Norris had? Both speed, athleticism, power, footwork and technical skill? He was amazing. People were starting to compare him to SRR and SRL, no matter how washed up, never had a chance against him. Makes you wonder how well he'd do if he was prime. I still think Norris could beat him.
      91 Leonard was nothing like the Leonard of the 70's and 80's. I think that Leonard would have beat him prime for prime.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
        91 Leonard was nothing like the Leonard of the 70's and 80's. I think that Leonard would have beat him prime for prime.
        I didn't say he was, but he still had SOMETHING left, he wasn't a vegetable. Norris totally demolished/diminished him, which means he woulda stood a chance against a prime Leonard.

Comment

The Leonard Norris beat was completely washed up. A prime Leonard smokes Norris like a cheap Havana stogie. Completely different class of fighter.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
            The Leonard Norris beat was completely washed up. A prime Leonard smokes Norris like a cheap Havana stogie. Completely different class of fighter.

Poet
            I think so too. That is to say that Kevin McBride totally demolished Mike Tyson therefore in Tyson's prime it wouldn't have been much different, but as we know McBride probably would not have lasted a single round vs a prime Tyson.

I disagree with that logic, Pastrano. I think Leonard beats him handily, as poet said, different class of fighter.

Comment

You can talk about tools all you want. I've seen countless of highly touted baseball pitchers with electric stuff who just didn't know how to win consistently. And having a weak chin wasn't Norris' only flaw. His defense was nothing special, and he had the bad habit of getting disqualified (which counts as losing).

Honestly I always liked Terry Norris. He was a terrific offensive fighter. But nobody during his time was comparing him with Sugar Ray Robinson. And the Ray Leonard he beat was washed up and foolishly fighting at a weight too low for him. You're just not going find much (any?) support projecting Norris as one of the 10 best fighters who ever lived by giving him a good chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano
                You keep running your mouth about things when you don't know all the facts. Now please stop embarrassing yourself and wisen up! This is all just YOUR opinion-thats cool. But don't try to CLAIM it as everyone else's! Wisen up son.
                What facts specifically am I wrong about Pastrami? You really think that people were comparing Norris to Robinson?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                  What facts specifically am I wrong about Pastrami? You really think that people were comparing Norris to Robinson?
                  I read it in an article. I can try and find it if you wish, but it was some time ago I read it.

Comment

I have a tough time thinking that any credible boxing writer actually penned an article putting Norris on par with Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
                      I have a tough time thinking that any credible boxing writer actually penned an article putting Norris on par with Robinson
                      Oh good grief...saying a fighter reminds you of another, far more legendary fighter isnt the same as putting them ON PAR!

Comment

Working...
                      X