Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oscar challenges Floyd to promotional battle...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oscar challenges Floyd to promotional battle...

Looks like The only way Floyd can win this battle is if he fights Pacquiao come May 2015. TMT will be crushed if Floyd takes on Oscar's challenge, as Cenelo vs Cotto, and GGG vs Ward are on tab for May 2015.

What do you guys think?

http://behindthegloves.com/news/osca...rd-of-his-own/

I'll believe it when I see it, and Mayweather/Pacquiao would destroy that card anyway.

Comment

They won't get GG/Ward.... at the very least, GGG/Solimon. I don't see Ward taking an undercard spot ever.

Comment

That just might actually work if Golden Boy actually promoted those fighters

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
          What's happening in your sig mate and where's it from?

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
            Canelo is his with no Haymon ties and they'd wori with Bob for that. K2, I would think, would be open for the spot for more exposure.

It's possible IMO.... that is if Oscar pursues this

Comment

He didnt challenge floyd (directly or even indirectly) to anything here, so the article title is misleading and is designed to get clicks, which it obviously achieved.

Not saying that he wont challenge the cinco date (which he'd win with canelo v cotto), but he didnt do it here.
              Last edited by Masters01; 07-30-2014, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWestGrand View Post
                I'll believe it when I see it, and Mayweather/Pacquiao would destroy that card anyway.
                People on here say how they're not interested in PAC Floyd anymore but if it gets signed and 24/7 starts all the hype will be back to its old form

Comment

i agree i think oscar knows what the suprise is therefore he is trying to make a stackup up card for the same date

Comment

The card ODH suggests is better than almost any Floyd card. Can't see TR competing against itself with a Floyd/many card on a night cotto/canelo fight

That said-seats at a Floyd fight cost somewhat more than a Canelo fight. Since MGM is going to sell out with either card I think they'd go with the fight that would bring the larger gate.

If TMT countered with Floyd/danny, Broner/Matts, Thurman/Porter that might do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X