No announcement yet.

My #1 pound for pound timeline

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My #1 pound for pound timeline

My rules are you have to inactive/retire or lose/give a really bad performance vs an average opponent to lose your spot

I will start with Ali beating Foreman in 74

Ali 74-78

Duran 78-80

Leonard 80-82

Spinks 82-87 very weak period not many top guys fighting each other and no one separates them self

Leonard 87-89

Chavez 89-94

Jones 94-04

Barrera/Pacquiao/Morales 04-07 (Morales comes off in 05)

just Pacquiao 07-present
    Last edited by SCtrojansbaby; 08-20-2011, 10:44 PM.

Interesting stuff when Pacquiao had an abysmal performance against a punching bag with legs and a shot old guy.

Comment

i ouldnt have ali going all the way to 78

and an argument could be mad for the sevenys being duran monzon or napoles as the no 1... probabl;y duran

i think duran takes it for sur when he beats leonard but then losses it via no mas

and i woulndt have chaves all the way to 94 i think sweat pea from 93 - the delahoya bull****...

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
        Interesting stuff when Pacquiao had an abysmal performance against a punching bag with legs and a shot old guy.
        Pacquiao still won every round.

Comment

Originally posted by ghns1133 View Post
          i ouldnt have ali going all the way to 78

and an argument could be mad for the sevenys being duran monzon or napoles as the no 1... probabl;y duran

i think duran takes it for sur when he beats leonard but then losses it via no mas

and i woulndt have chaves all the way to 94 i think sweat pea from 93 - the delahoya bull****...
          Compare Whitaker and Chavez accomplishments at the time of the draw, no contest. Chavez keeps his spot until he losses a couple months later to Randall.

Comment

even then from 93 after the draw until roy jones established that he was pfp no 1 i think sweet pea is no 1

and before the draw their resumes were about even.

Comment

what about before 74?

i actually think ali wasnt pfp no1 after his exile...

monzon napoles and duran were better in the seventys...

and i think duran is at the top of the heap.

Comment

even then from 93 after the draw until roy jones established that he was pfp no 1 i think sweet pea is no 1

and before the draw their resumes were about even.
                not even remotely close

Who had Whitaker beaten?
                Azumah at lightweight?
                Buddy, Mcgirt?
                and to steal a line from *****s Chavez leftovers JLR and Roger Mayweather?

Chavez dominated HOFs Camacho and Rosario in addition to beating Meldrick Taylor, Lockridge, JLR, Mayweather x2 and Mario Martinez

Comment

mcgirt at welter is an impressive win he was an underrated fighter and he was a fulfledge welter...

azuma is a HOF

and i dont think lockridge, jlr, rosario, and martinez are anything to jizz ur pants about...

solid wins but not jizz worthy

Comment

mcgirt at welter is an impressive win he was an underrated fighter and he was a fulfledge welter...

azuma is a HOF

and i dont think lockridge, jlr, rosario, and martinez are anything to jizz ur pants about...

solid wins but not jizz worthy

Azumah at lightweight where he didn't win a single fight, and still Pernell didn't even really dominate him. Dominating Rosario is 10x more impressive than beating Buddy Mcgirt. The other wins just show how superior the rest of Chavez resume is in comparison.

Comment

Working...
                    X