No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Fends Off a Determined Cotto in Las Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather Fends Off a Determined Cotto in Las Vegas

By Jake Donovan - Floyd Mayweather Jr. was forced to work at his hardest in more than a decade, but still came up aces in a unanimous decision win over Miguel Cotto in an entertaining pay-per-view headliner Saturday evening at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas

Scores were 117-111 (twice) and 118-110 for Mayweather, who weighed 151 lb for the super welterweight title fight. Cotto came in at the divisional limit of 154 lb.

Both combatants were cordial throughout the pre-fight promotion, though tension quickly arose during Friday’s weigh-in. The threat of it spilling over into the fight was quickly averted, as Cotto shoulder lifted Mayweather off of the canvas but stopped well short of dropping him through the ropes in the second round. The two exchanged pleasantries as they were separated, with Cotto offering a mea culpa in the form of a love tap on the side of Mayweather’s head. [Click Here To Read More]

Close fight. **** scorecards. Could have gone either way. Toughest fight in Mayweather's career (even counting the one he arguably lost against Castillo).

Comment

And I understand why Cotto walked away. It's okay to lose a close fight. No problems. But the scorecards ****ted on his performance. As well as some commentators that went as far as talking about "Floyd letting himself bleed". No, Cotto MADE him bleed.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
        Close fight. **** scorecards. Could have gone either way. Toughest fight in Mayweather's career (even counting the one he arguably lost against Castillo).
        It wasn't that close. It was highly competitive for both men, I had it 117-111.... 116-112 if I gave a round to Cotto I thought was a little close

Comment

Floyd toyed with Cotto. Pleasing the Crowd. He could have taken Cotto out plenty times throughout the fight but decided to play up the crowd

Comment

Could have gone either way? What fight were you watching?

Comment

cotto got robbed plain and simple...

Comment

And I understand why Cotto walked away. It's okay to lose a close fight. No problems. But the scorecards ****ted on his performance. As well as some commentators that went as far as talking about "Floyd letting himself bleed". No, Cotto MADE him bleed.
                Yeah it was BS. That was Mayweather's toughest fight ever and the announcers along with the scorecards ****ted on Cotto's preformance. This was a 116-112 fight at worst in favor of Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Could have gone either way? What fight were you watching?
                  told ya canelo was going to beat shane buddy

Comment

oh and that fight was NOT close *(cotto vs mayweather)

Comment

Working...
                    X