No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez proves that the "slick" style is superior

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Martinez proves that the "slick" style is superior

He has that style that you dont typically see with many latin american fighters....

slick style is superior

Another trait not associated with such fighters is intelligence.

Comment

Margarito beat his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
        Another trait not associated with such fighters is intelligence.
        In regards to ring IQ , they the highest.

Comment

Originally posted by FistOfTyson View Post
          In regards to ring IQ , they the highest.
          He won so I can't really get down on him, but his stance w/ his arms way down like a damn monkey is just f'ing stupid. Call me old fashioned idc. If he was in the ring w/ someone equally as confident w/ equal physical abilities he'd get KO'd in the first round doing **** like that.

Theres better ways to lure someone into opening up than just leaving yourself so open like that.

Comment

Not always.

Comment

Originally posted by FistOfTyson View Post
              He has that style that you dont typically see with many latin american fighters....

slick style is superior
              actually he proved to me quite the opposite. That pressure fighters willing to leg their hands go can make slicksters panic.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                actually he proved to me quite the opposite. That pressure fighters willing to leg their hands go can make slicksters panic.
                No.. letting their hands go would play into his game more, give him the chance to counter which is what he wanted. Barker was extremely disciplined.

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                  No.. letting their hands go would play into his game more, give him the chance to counter which is what he wanted. Barker was extremely disciplined.
                  is that wht happened when Margarito knocked him through the ropes?

Comment

Originally posted by mikelovesfood View Post
                    He won so I can't really get down on him, but his stance w/ his arms way down like a damn monkey is just f'ing stupid. Call me old fashioned idc. If he was in the ring w/ someone equally as confident w/ equal physical abilities he'd get KO'd in the first round doing **** like that.

Theres better ways to lure someone into opening up than just leaving yourself so open like that.
                    You can still be slick and be technical

look at gary russel jr

Comment

Working...
                    X