Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's a shame that the British UFC cards have become so...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, it's good to feature a lot British fighters considering the event is in England, but if I were British and watching the event live, I would like to see non-Brit fighters as well. Especially in the main event, I think UFC should have given you guys a title fight.

I remember the Rampage vs. Henderson fight in England, that was awesome. And on free cable.

White is just trying to cater to the international market and U.S. minorities. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Remember when Dana had Couture vs. Vera the same day as Pac vs. Cotto as if Vera's Filipino fanbase would put a dent on Pac's. LMAO!

Dana and UFC are looking for stars from different demographics and show U.K. how big MMA is worldwide and how many "top" British fighters they have.

There doing the same with Cain and the Mexican fans even though he was born in the U.S.

UFC is trying to take over the world. lol
    Last edited by blaze778; 10-08-2010, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Damn, that's some pretty blatant **** on the part of the UFC.

11 fights.

8 featuring a Brit.

2 featuring a Frenchman.

And 1 featuring a Bulgarian (for whatever that may be worth).

Comment

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
        its a damn shame you and your family didnt drown on your way to yank land
        We took a plane. Osama just missed us.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jesus View Post
          We took a plane. Osama just missed us.
          what a shame,that **** usama

only if he had a better shot,the world could of been a better place

Comment

UK cards are really bad for PPV in NA due to the local time... so high profile fighters don't want to fight there because they wont make as much money. Almost every UK card is on cable in North America.

Also I heard about high taxation as a problem too.

Unfortunately for Brits.
            Last edited by PopoFreitas; 10-09-2010, 09:08 AM.

Comment

is this tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Napalm Death View Post
                is this tonight?
                next week mate 16th oct

Comment

Originally posted by PopoFreitas View Post
                  UK cards are really bad for PPV in NA due to the local time... so high profile fighters don't want to fight there because they wont make as much money. Almost every UK card is on cable in North America.

Also I heard about high taxation as a problem too.

Unfortunately for Brits.
                  Thats why you wont see super big names on the london cards because of the ppv issue.

But take it from this yank guys this card is gonna be SICK!!!!!!!

First off, the main event. Like him or not Michael Bisping is a solid top ten ufc MW maybe not world, but top ten UFC. hes got three decision wins, four subs, twelve kos or tkos. Hes a solid counter puncher and wrestler which makes this fight an interesting style clash. Akiyama has 7 subs 5 kos and 1 decision. Both of his UFC fights were fight of the night and his striking is gonna bring out Bispings counter striking which is gonna turn this into a war as Bisping is gonna wanna use his wrestling to neutralize sexyamas judo and honestly even if its a decision its gonna be a hot fight. Bisping and akyama always bring it.

THEN YOU HAVE DAN HARDY AGAINST CARLOS CONDIT. Guys truuuuust me this is gonna be a WAR!!! Hardy like a true brit loves to fight and so does Condit, even when condit takes someone down its entertaining and Hardy loves to box although he should use his kicks more.

John Hathaway and Mike Pyle has potential. You brits are gonna be happy to have John representing English mma. He's got a couple of decision wins but hes got a mix of kos and subs as well and his striking is gonna bring a win home against Pyle.

Travis Browne vs Cheik Kongo is gonna end in a knock out. For you mates who have no idea about this gem, for you mates who dont know who Travis is, hes like 6'7 and is a solid boxer with a lot of kos on his record. Kongo as you should know is a kickboxer with a lot of kos on his record. Its gonna be a classic striker match.

Wilkes-Patrick is a grappler match but both guys actually finish fights with there submissions and hey you uk guys spend a lot of money on mma so its only fair that they try to make a star out of a brit right??

I mean you guys deserve your own Lennox Lewis of MMA (he can claim hes canadian all he wants lewis is british damnit.)

And finally for the mates who dont want to get tickets, you should, why?? Cyrille Diabate vs Alexander Gustestefon, guys I promise you that fight is gonna end in a knock out, I PROMISE.

I know I sound like Dana White hear but usually with cards that dont have star power people tend to look over it because they judge the cover without reading the book.

If I were a brit, i'd get drunk off of ale and lager get a couple of rizlas and my draw (i only smoke weed I dont sniff yayo) and id have a good time at the UFC because the last card in london was ufc 95 and that card was siiiick
                  Last edited by Dice; 10-09-2010, 11:47 AM.

Comment

I'm going for sexyama alone. Nah, but seriously, it wouldn't have hurt Dana to put at least one non-Brit star attraction, but like Dice said above, there is some intriguing match-ups that should make it worth while. I hope Sexy puts an end to Bisping, and Condit/Hardy will be pretty fun.

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
                      I'm going for sexyama alone. Nah, but seriously, it wouldn't have hurt Dana to put at least one non-Brit star attraction, but like Dice said above, there is some intriguing match-ups that should make it worth while. I hope Sexy puts an end to Bisping, and Condit/Hardy will be pretty fun.
                      I've got Bisping over Sexyama for 10k if your confident in Yoshihiro

Comment

Working...
                      X