Collapse
No announcement yet.

A message to Al Haymon from Boxingscene's Chino Madonna

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haymon's strategy is the typical drug dealers way to get people hooked on their drugs. He gives you a couple of freebies and once your hooked, he give you the watered down version for a much higher price.

Just like in the music business, Haymon was exposed and the greedy crook immediately went into hiding. Years later he shows up as Boxing's savior with the same business strategy, however it didn't take long for everyone to see what he is up too. This is why Floyd and Al left HBO. To HBO's credit, they refused to continue paying outrageous amounts of money for Floyd and other Haymon fighters to fight overhyped bums on their network. Al couldn't get HBO to play by his rules so in order for him to get into another high paying network he used the rules of war by going to the enemy Showtime and delivering them his prize fighter Floyd. Showtime got Floyd for a ridiculous amount of money and has not been profitable to them other than network bragging rights.

Haymon will use the same model with NBC. Giving the viewers some good fights at first. Then when the ratings go up, he will sell better fights to PPV, which is exactly what WWF, WWE and MMA have done for years. Only difference will be that all the fights will be fixed like most of fights are.

Time to EXPOSE this scoundrels!

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
      What's going on here?

For starters, you don't understand the difference between the role of a Boxing Manager and the role of a Promoter. And you're blaming Haymon for NOT doing something he CANNOT do ... Which is to stage fights.

If anyone is to blame for the boxing cards it is the Promoter who matches the opponents and the Networks\Sponsors who finance the event.

I'll tell you what else is really going on here -- You're either incredibly stupid or just another lonely idiot starving for some attention and are misguided enough to believe this is how to get it. Who in their right mind makes a completely idiotic thread titled "A message to Al Haymon from Boxingscene's Chino Madonna" are you freakin serious???

1. If you were sincerely looking for legitimate answers or a response to your stupid questions, why post this on a boxing forum? Are you under the impression that Haymon takes time out of his schedule to read moronic posts on this forum? Why not email Haymon himself? I'm more than certain that both he and his staff would get quite a laugh at the incoherent email he just received. So, in the first case, you're delusional to such an extreme degree, that you think your opinion matters and you're entitled to answers from a Multi-Millionaire Business Manager.

2. Since you didn't try to communicate with Haymon directly, its safe to assume that you're just starving for some attention on Boxing Scene. Which in the second case, takes pathetic to a whole new level. Mommy and daddy's not giving you any attention? Has the bone-smuggling stopped?

WTF is wrong with you, that you have to post this ******ed shit on a boxing forum, revealing just how disconnected from reality you really are.

So, which is it?

I won't even waste anymore time with you, because you clearly are not right in the head.

If you believe that idiotic statement, then you're in good company with the OP, because that is the most absurd thing I've read today. You as idiot #2, paid for entertainment in the form of a boxing event. Regardless of the venue (TV, Live etc...)

You didn't vote for a damn thing or person. Now either you're too stupid to know the difference between voting for someone and paying for something, or you've been educated poorly and are a moron. And quite simply, you cannot vote with your money, you can effect change by withholding your participation which involves not paying for an event -- There is a stark difference.
      In a free market society, actually you're voting with your money and I'm sure you've heard that analogy few times already. The companies that sell the products want to earn the most possible with the least spending. And we as a consumers buy the products that are the best for us while paying the least. And if the tv station ratings are not high enough they will have a lesser income from advertisements. The low ratings at the end affects everyone who was involved in producing the event.
      I wasn't making an argument as you could think that we are somehow entitled to hear him speak or something like that, but I just was making the case that we should always demand the best fights possible. In previous comment you wrote that we don't know who really is responsible for all the things happening because we are not inside the structures of the proffesional boxing but it still doesn't change that it was a subpar year for boxing. And that someone in the near future will go out of business.

Comment

Working...
      X