Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HBO putting in another weak co-main we don't want: Aydin/Postol May 17th?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loque-san View Post
    I've watched that fight. I thought Lundy won...
    How was Postol? Heard he was a pretty decent operator. Think the cards were all 8-4

Comment

HBO possibly building a Provo opponent. Sans Alvarado, Golden Boy have #1-#7 covered in the JWW rankings.

Top Rank have already had one loss to Provo and have chickened out of putting Rios in with him. They're unlikely to risk Vargas.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
        How was Postol? Heard he was a pretty decent operator. Think the cards were all 8-4
        He looked average, I was not impressed. Lundy is a good fighter though and it was a step up in class for Postol.

Postol-Aydin belongs on ESPN FNF.

Comment

They need more viable guys in and around that class, and those are their options.

They need guys for Ruslan, outside of Top Rank since Top Rank doesn't want to risk certain guys against him

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            They need more viable guys in and around that class, and those are their options.

They need guys for Ruslan, outside of Top Rank since Top Rank doesn't want to risk certain guys against him

mmm i think it's for interim jr welterweight WBC .....if danny move up to 147 and vacate his title the winner of this bout should fight with the guy ranked #3 for the belt ..that guy is matthysse

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              HBO possibly building a Provo opponent. Sans Alvarado, Golden Boy have #1-#7 covered in the JWW rankings.

Top Rank have already had one loss to Provo and have chickened out of putting Rios in with him. They're unlikely to risk Vargas.
              Maybe, but Postol won't give the entertaining fight they want... same as Dulorme/Mayfield.

Aydin might, but he's already been shown to be pretty garbage....but could make for an entertaining beatdown

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                maybe they are trying to setup a future opponent for bradley or even jessie vargas lol
                HBO is trying to lure Mayweather back by offering him opponent that that beat Aydin.

Comment

HBO can't broadcasting the next fight of the winner of this boit because next fight would be danny garcia or mattysshe both with showtime

Comment

Originally posted by fundicao View Post
                    mmm i think it's for interim jr welterweight WBC .....if danny move up to 147 and vacate his title the winner of this bout should fight with the guy ranked #3 for the belt ..that guy is matthysse
                    Perhaps, and HBO does seem to have a habit of currently building guys for Showtime to use.

I am that is not HBO's plan though lol

Comment

Originally posted by fundicao View Post
                      If anything, they'll try and set it up so Pac is unified down there.

Pac will challenge Provo for his 140 belt then unify with Vargas for WBO/WBA unification.

Comment

Working...
                      X