Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do people criticize Donaire but not Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do people criticize Donaire but not Klitschko?

The size advantage klitschko has had over the last few opponents that I remember have been considerably larger than the one Donaire has had.

And the people Donaire fights are actual champions..

Plus Donaire is moving up, kltschko's doing the same ****. This guy is so overrated it's funny.

I suppose it's because the Klitschkos might have a hard time to find a class to move up to from heavyweight...

For me it doesn't matter really. If fighters can make the weight, they have all the right to fight in that respectable weight class.

Comment

Originally posted by rochemback View Post
      I suppose it's because the Klitschkos might have a hard time to find a class to move up to from heavyweight...

For me it doesn't matter really. If fighters can make the weight, they have all the right to fight in that respectable weight class.
      Doesn't change the fact that he fights midgets(compared to him) and doesn't get heat for it like Donaire does.
      Last edited by Paclan; 11-03-2011, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Sure does make sense because the "he is bigger than most -> he should move up"-argument, which is the centerpoint of the complaint, is non-existent.
        How is it the Klitschkos' fault that most people in the highest (!) weight class are smaller than them?

(Again, I don't think Donaire should move up either just because others are smaller than him. If he can make the weight and perform effectively in the fight, he is within the rules and has every right to fight in whichever class he wants to...)

Comment

umm because they fight at the highest weight class in boxing?

While Donaire starves himself to pick on midgets? ala Pwill.

Instead of eating meat and gaining muscle's all these midgets just starve themselves to death and get weekly enema's to lose every single ounce of muscle/fat they have on their body.

The minimum weight needs to be 130lb, no grown adult, especially an athlete should weigh less than 130 on fight night, its a joke, they just weight drain to fight in dead divsions because they cant handle the better ones.

108 112 116 was fine in 1905 when everyone had scurvy and the top medical knowledge was injecting heroin for tooth ache's and putting leeches on you to cure diseases.

but we dont need these useless no fun weight classes in 2011. Move on with the times and cut these dead weight classes and force these cherry pickers to gain muscle and fight at their natural weight class.

Instead of fighting at MW some of these guys just starve themselves so they fight in weak divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by rochemback View Post

Don't really have to "make weight" at HW do you? I mean the fat slobs we call HW these days aside from the Klit bro's drop some to attempt to fight them, but that's about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
              Doesn't change the fact that he fights midgets(compared to him) and doesn't get heat for it like Donaire does.
              Klitscko don't bring up super middle weights and light heavy weights to fight him at heavy weight like Donaire does with his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Paclan View Post
                The size advantage klitschko has had over the last few opponents that I remember have been considerably larger than the one Donaire has had.

And the people Donaire fights are actual champions..

Plus Donaire is moving up, kltschko's doing the same ****. This guy is so overrated it's funny.
                Boxing needs a super heavyweight division. The HW division being all inclusive 200+ lbs is nonsense.

Comment

I tend to see lots of criticism against the Klits.

I think they are great fighters but much of their success is definitely due to their massive size advantages against their opponents.

Comment

if you make weight you make weight period, nobody should even try to take anything away from a fighter just bcuz they manage to cut alot of weight. its a talent to have the type of body donaire and pwill have and be able to fight so low, ppl should give them credit not take it away.

you cant be mad at the klitschkos either here, they are just big you cant hold that against them. you can feel bad for the 225lb guy whos too big to make CW and too small to compete with big HWs on even terms. its part of the HW division though, unlike other divisions it can be unfair like that but you cant blame the k bros. the only time this takes anything away from them is from a p4p standpoint.

Comment

Working...
                    X