Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The general public knows jack about cigars...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
    Monte Cristo's are good if you like spicy cigars.

its definitely has the spice like a cuban.

but a great smoke.

Padrons are my personal favorites though. i just love the way they look and feel. You gotta smoke them while they are fresh though or have a damn good humidor.

they have a really good thick smoke and its really rich.
    I'll have to see if I can get my hands on some in the near future, I've been out of the loop recently.

Comment

Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
      I'll have to see if I can get my hands on some in the near future, I've been out of the loop recently.
      you dont live in the states do you?

im jealous you can buy Cubans legally

Comment

the general public also thinks things always stay the same.

Comment

Nice - I'm horrendous at tucking so I'd never even attempt it
          so was i, takes a good year of pratice before you can even roll smokeable cigs and another year for it to be worth while not to use a rolling machine to pre roll them then finally another year, 3 in all, just to be good at rolling them while driving.

and if your really going for the gold another year and youll be able to roll them so tight that they are as smooth as any filtered cig.
          Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 08-17-2010, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
            so was i, takes a good year of pratice before you can even roll smokeable cigs and another year for it to be worth while not to use a rolling machine to pre roll them then finally another year, 3 in all, just to be good at rolling them while driving.
            Rolling while driving is an effing amazing feat. Those rolling machines appear to make perfect ones and are cheap, probably not a bad investment if one is getting into it even though it will keep you from learning the art. I'm curious, do they stay well if you preroll a ton in advance?

Comment

Rolling while driving is an effing amazing feat. Those rolling machines appear to make perfect ones and are cheap, probably not a bad investment if one is getting into it even though it will keep you from learning the art. I'm curious, do they stay well if you preroll a ton in advance?
              the rolling machines are great if you actually want to pick up the habit. youd think they would keep you from learning how to roll but the main thing keeping people from learning how to roll is ****ty fast burning loose harsh cigs that they have to smoke till they get good at rolling. something like a rolling machine lets you roll them up before hand so you know you have smokeable cigs and then you can choose to try and roll one or smoke one the machine rolled when your out at a party or something so you can still get in the pratice but if all your rolling is crappy cigs you dont get frustrated since you can just pull out a machine rolled one.

how long they last is all up to the tobacco, some tobaccos are dry and some are moist. id say if you were to roll up a pack worth (20) of bugler (average in humidity) and put them in something like an old malboro pack they might last 4 days. i never had a cig case but they might last longer in one of them. something like top or drum is very dry and a pack wouldnt last much more then a day or 2 and something like bali shag is very moist so a pack might last 6-7 days. aswell if its cold out they last longer and if its hot out they dry out faster and dont last as long.

american spirits are the worst rolling tobacco cigs you can get. the tobacco itself i on the average to dry side, the tabbocco is very widely cut and long/stringy making it hard to roll, and the papers they supply have like negative amounts of glue on them. so all you really get is unevenly burning lose cigs that dont stay together.
              Last edited by Spartacus Sully; 08-17-2010, 03:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruby Robert View Post
                american spirits are the worst rolling tobacco cigs you can get. the tobacco itself i on the average to dry side, the tabbocco is very widely cut and long/stringy making it hard to roll, and the papers they supply have like negative amounts of glue on them. so all you really get is unevenly burning lose cigs that dont stay together.
                Hahaha I've known hipsters to smoke those things trying to be cool - how ironic.

Comment

Hahaha I've known hipsters to smoke those things trying to be cool - how ironic.
                  The allready rolled cigs they make are good but ive know a crap load of college kids that smoked them so they bought their rolling tobacco to save money tried it for a week and went back to just buying their allready made cigs. its tasty tobacco and good for the native americans i guess but the tobaccos really hard to roll and if your using their supplied rolling papers its near impossible.

the best to learn on id say is drum real thin cut, dry, and really sticky papers. bali shag is also good for the beginner, thin cut, really sticky papers and moist so if you roll it lose its still somewhat smooth. but for a pro the bali shag tends to roll to tightly and is really hard to pull.

i would usually grab a can of the bugler, a pouch of bali shag and a pouch of drum then mix them all together and fill up my pouch with that. the bali shag adding moisture to the bugler giving it more of a smooth taste then the drum coming in and making it dry enough so that when i roll it i dont roll it so tight i cant get a drag. made the best cigs i ever had.

Comment

Working...
                  X