No announcement yet.

ATG??? Has Manny ducked anyone???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shacasulu View Post
    didnt he duck joan guzman at 130 when he actually was somebody back then?
    I don't know if it was really a duck. Bob Arum said that if Guzman beats Soto they would fight in Vancouver, BC Canada. Immediately after the fight Bob Arum said that Guzman was too boring to fight Pacquiao. They went ahead and fought Marquez instead, so I mean is that really a duck? I don't know, more money in the marquez fight plus it's a guy that fought you to a draw before and the boxing public really wanted to see a rematch for some time.

I've always been a guzman fan and I wanted that fight more than anyone on here cuz at the time I thought Guzman would beat pacquiao, but I understood pac not fighting him. More money, more publicity in the marquez fight. No one knew who Guzman was but hardcore fans.

Comment

Originally posted by shacasulu View Post
      didnt he duck joan guzman at 130 when he actually was somebody back then?
      Barrera, Morales and JMM were all bums! we all know guzman was more dangerous.

Comment

well i guess it wasnt too bad then if he fought marquez however i think he had to beat guzman to have really cleaned out 130.
        Last edited by shacasulu; 01-05-2010, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          Manny ducked Mosley with a ridicules ask of 142 pounds which would kill Shane .

And he is ducking Floyd right now by being the first boxer in history to refuse this type of Peds testing .

Its a Manny trick say yes we will fight and then make special demands at the last minute that the opponent will never be able to do , right now Manny is feeling Floyd is weakening a little on his drug testing demands to get the fight made , so now Manny adds we want a public apology , his a sly ducker .
          Dont you mean Floyd the first boxer in history to request these tests, Floyds the ducker get your facts right brutha

Comment

@ 126lbs and 130lbs he fought the best, HANDS DOWN. First he went after Barrera, then immediately Marquez with zero tuneup. Then his plan was to take on Morales immediately after Marquez. But with the draw against Marquez, then Morales moved up to 130lbs, things didn't go as planned. Chasing Morales because he couldn't get the rematch with Marquez who didn't want it at the time, he went up 130lbs to face Morales. That didn't go as planned first time around, but he did end up beating Morales @ 130lbs, Marquez @130lbs and Barrera once again @ 130lbs. Without a doubt he faced the top dawgs at those divisions. Facing Cotto wasn't bad either as most would have still avoided him and some might call Cotto the man @ 147lbs since he beat Mosley and Margarito was suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
              So Zombie weight drained Oscar is a good win?
              GTFOH!
              its a big name and I know Oscar did it to himself but still its not a good win
              I think Floyds distruction of JMM is a far better win that Pac over Hoya
              Floyd dominated Marquez, hardly destryoed him. Marquez coming up 2 weights and Floyd couldnt even bother making the weight, coming in 2 pounds heavier.

Pac who came up 2 weights to meet Hoya(weight drainend no doubt). absoloutly DESTROYED HIM.

Comment

Didnt read the entire thread, so pardon if i repeat names. I dont think pac really ducked anyone. But some were suprised that he moved up to Super bantom after the singurat 3k battery fight. He was one pound overweight and could have gone to super flyweight or regular bantam. There were some great fighters in those 2 divisions at the time as Tokoyama(sp?), Felix Machado, Johnny Tapia, cho, and most notable was Paulie Ayala. I think manny jumping from Flyweight to Super Bantam was a big leap, but nobody can say he ducked but it would have been great to have seen him fight a few of those guys and i just remember i think Tim Austin was champ around that time and a few notable other japanese fighters.

From 130 to 147, i think Alexander, Bradley, and Mosley would have been better than Hatton and i think Mosley matches up better with pac than cotto. I think alot of those recent fights deal more with money than ducking.

Comment

Originally posted by markbnlv View Post
                  He did not exactly clean out any division beyond 130 he just beat beltholders which is a huge accomplishment itself but he did leave a lot of fights behind him.
                  I would have lliked to see him fight Edwin Valero. Although I think Pac would tear him up. But it would be good while it lasted.

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
                    U could say he kinda ducked jmm when he moved up for Diaz, but the way manny has filled up could show he was drained and junior welter-welter is his true weight...
                    IMO from how PAC talks n acts he wouldn't duck Tyson if they were the same weight, he's got balls
                    this^^^

most fighters like to use the same tired quote "my manager decides who I fight" and in most cases thats just a fighter avoiding the question, but in pac's case I think its the truth. pac fights whoever his manager and trainer set him up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Calilloyd View Post
                      I would have lliked to see him fight Edwin Valero. Although I think Pac would tear him up. But it would be good while it lasted.
                      Its not worth it for Pac he dosent need it, RISK way over REWARD.

one fing is for sure, this would not go the distance haha

Comment

Working...
                      X