Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whose style does Lomachenko remind you of?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is very good and highly skilled but his style seems unique and he doesn't remind me of anyone else. He is a damn good all around fighter with high marks for speed, defense, accurate combination punching and great body punching. He had to be good to beat Russell so convincingly. He also stays calm under pressure.

Comment

He does his own thing like all the best do. The biggest flaw he needs to work on right now is that he switches his offensive off when the other guy is pressing hard like Broner does those where the only times that GRJ wasn't getting his ass beat during the fight XD.

Comment

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post
        He does his own thing like all the best do. The biggest flaw he needs to work on right now is that he switches his offensive off when the other guy is pressing hard like Broner does those where the only times that GRJ wasn't getting his ass beat during the fight XD.
        Loma is going to be a force, people forget that despite two gold medals is that hes only 26 years old. Plenty of time to perfect his skills.

In three years Lomachenko could possibly be in the top 5 P4P

Comment

I think Loma probably loses his edge when his legs go around 32-33, so he has 5-6 years to create his legacy. Arum needs to keep him active against the best names.

Comment

Loma reminds me of a cross between Pac and Hearns, with a little bit of Rod Salka and Brian Sutherland mixed in.

The ultimate killer.

Comment

Ricardo Mayorga

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                He is very good and highly skilled but his style seems unique and he doesn't remind me of anyone else. He is a damn good all around fighter with high marks for speed, defense, accurate combination punching and great body punching. He had to be good to beat Russell so convincingly. He also stays calm under pressure.
                This^. As far as style goes, he has carved out his own niche in boxing. The effectiveness of his footwork and movement is out of this world.

Comment

Working...
                X