Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sulaiman: Too Many Organizations, Too Many Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what Sulaiman's really saying is...I want less competition.

Comment

One Champion, One Organization!

Can you imagine:

Welterweight Champion: Floyd Mayweather
      1) Manny Pacquiao
      2) Kell Brook
      3) Keith Thurman
      4) Robert Guerrero
      5) Marcos Maidana
      6) Tim Bradley
      7) Shawn Porter
      8) Juan Manuel Marquez
      9) Luis Abregu
      10) Devon Alexander

11) Chris Algieri
      12) Ruslan Provodnikov
      13) Amir Khan
      14) Paulie Mags
      And so forth................ Anyone beyond 15, you're unranked.

Those guys have to fight one another. Let's say if you're Floyd and you've committed to Maidana and you know you have a Mandatory with Manny, these other guys have to be fighting one another, or they drop in the rankings. The point is not necessarily who I have ranked here; everyone will have their own opinion. But it shows how active and competitive it will be as there is only ONE Champion and if you want to be champ, you're gonna have to fight AND beat the best to get that shot. You can't sit around and look for a weak link to get a belt from then sit on it forever. And if you're Amir Khan, you don't just show up at '47, beat up an unranked tomato can and think you warrant a Top 10 ranking.
      Last edited by TLC8; 08-24-2014, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
        So what Sulaiman's really saying is...I want less competition.
        No, he's saying have one champion, one organization by all the organizations coming together collectively, then making these guys fight each other for one belt, not one of four or five belts and call themselves champ. This is long overdue in Boxing.

Comment

IF You Want To See How Pathetic Boxing Looks Today????

Go look at all the organizations, each ranking, all the names you've either never hear of, never seen fight, or even warrant a top ranking at dub, dub, dub dot fight news dot com forward slash rankings, and laugh your azz off.. Especially when you see the WBC had Amir Khan as their No.1 Contender at 147 after beating up tomato can unranked Collazo... Just as an example... But the names and rankings are all over the charts..,, some organizations don't even RECOGNIZE all of the best fighters !!'

http://www.*********.com/rankings-
          Last edited by TLC8; 08-24-2014, 09:22 PM.

Comment

I'm OK with the three major sanctioned belts (WBA, WBC, IBF) I'm not ok with interim champs and all these other belts such as IBO and others like it. I like the fact that there can be 3 world champs and they could come together to unify titles. I think they should keep all three major ones but make it mandatory to unify after some time or have them vacate titles

Comment

I think he mightr be meaning what he says this time. We are seeing a sign of it by giving a chance for Golovkin to win his "interim belt" to force a shot a Cotto.

If he sticks to his guns and continues to push it, in a few years this mess might get cleaned up. I will believe it when I see it though. They love the coin and lots of fake belts generates that for them.
              Last edited by deanrw; 08-24-2014, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chepe009 View Post
                I'm OK with the three major sanctioned belts (WBA, WBC, IBF) I'm not ok with interim champs and all these other belts such as IBO and others like it. I like the fact that there can be 3 world champs and they could come together to unify titles. I think they should keep all three major ones but make it mandatory to unify after some time or have them vacate titles
                The problem is they DONT come together to unify. We've given them years to go that, and they don't, and then the promoters protect "their" belt. Look how painful it is to just get Garcia & Peterson to unify. They both selected opponents nobody has ever heard of. Then after that horrific card was over, They acted like they were going to hammer out unification for December, NOW it looks like Garcia is going to fight someone else, and it's never ending. Soliman could have unified his belt with Gennady at 160, since Cotto won't unify with Gennady, rather Soliman chooses Jermain Taylor who's had serious medical conditions, but recently beat 3 or 4 tomato cans. In the meantime, fight after fight, year after year goes by and these guys have repeatedly shown they won't unify. It's a joke. 3 organizations shouldn't be too much, but it's proven it is too many, because this is how they manipulate it. We could have had 2 or 3 Mayweather-Pacquiao fights by now, if you force a mandatory title defense every year to the No.1.

Comment

We all need to support BKB because it is the savior and future of boxing. There is only ONE champion per weight class in BKB. So no more of these corrupt sanctioning bodies like the wbc, ibf, wbo, wba, etc.

BKB = real boxing

The type of boxing we have right now is wwe style boxing. It's all a corrupt and badly scripted show. BKB is true reality with none of the fakery lies.

Comment

You're Missing The Point; Screw The Money, You're Making These Guys Fight Each Other

You take the variable of NEEDING To unify away. If they don't unify in your allotted time you strip their belts??? Then don't give them belts in the first place and make them all fight one another for one championship. That's what we had before. WBC/WBA/IBF..... They each came up with their own title defense and if one guy didn't like who they chose, he dropped their belt in the trash can, and then a NEW organization appeared from nowhere and all of a sudden we had a NEW champion, and so it progressed and that's how today we have AT LEAST 6 organizations... Just disgusting.

We don't need 6. We don't need 3. We only need one. Cotto is going to milk his Middleweight title portion for at least into 2016 and not fight GGG. Quillin won't fight GGG for his title NOW but choosing other guys to position himself for someone else's title.

Imagine if you had Ray Leonard, Tommy Hearns, and Roberto Duran all with welterweight titles from different organizations, all at the same time, and never fought one another, but defended their titles against lesser guys on down the ladder, holding onto their belts for years! Look at the legendary, epic fights we would have missed out on!!!!
                    Last edited by TLC8; 08-24-2014, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Having to explain to casuals why there are four championship belts in one weight class is frustrating.

Also when you have to say "He has a belt in the same weight class as Floyd Mayweather." And seeing their puzzled faces...

Comment

Working...
                      X