No announcement yet.

Im shocked Bute was rated so highly on NSB

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im shocked Bute was rated so highly on NSB

First of all let me say this - I AM ABSOLUTELY NOT CLAIMING TO BE SOME SORT OF HINDSIGHT GENIUS - I MYSELF THOUGHT BUTE WOULD DO MUCH BETTER THAN WHAT HE DID.

This is no wow look at me thread. This is a simple discussion about he was rated so highly on NSB after what happened to him against Andrade when he should have been knocked out.

The reason for me starting this thread is to highlight this disgusting habit some new age Boxing fans have brought into the sport which is how they write a Boxer off after one bad performance.

Now Bute had two of the biggest flaws that get highlighted everyday on NSB, regularly.

A) He had not fought anyone before Froch. Not even one credible opponent to be rated so highly.

B) He had already been knocked out(should have been).

Now i for one am massively against writing a Boxer off after one bad performance but what i dont get is why did he get away with it from the majority? I know some were convinced he was a hypejob even before the Froch fight but the majority from what i saw rated him very highly.

I know he avenged that Andrade fight in the 2nd bout but still by then he had already showed a massive flaw had he not?

Also i know this may seem a bit ironic as im writing him off myself after a loss however i never really rated him before the Froch fight as being as good as everyone was saying he was.

Basically in short, why did he not get killed by everyone on NSB for his performance in the 1st Andrade fight where he really was knocked out and why was he allowed a pass on his resume whilst others like Chavez Jr and Canelo get slaughtered for theirs even though they are both younger than him?

for myself, im going to give myself a little pat on the back for claiming that bute was unworthy of #1 or 2 from the beginning unlike so many other NSB pundits

go froch

Comment

i thought froch would lose, he shocked me, i thought bute was a real deal.obvs not

Comment

Originally posted by krimzon View Post
        for myself, im going to give myself a little pat on the back for claiming that bute was unworthy of #1 or 2 from the beginning unlike so many other NSB pundits

go froch
        Yep, fair play to you.

I think i may have worded this thread a bit wrong.

Im not trying to say Bute was a hypejob...that's a bit harsh, but i do think he had not done anything to warrant how highly he was being rated, and that's what this thread is about.

I can't understand why he was allowed a pass on those two major issues yet so many others get slaughtered day in day out for the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozencat
          Yup, he can be hit, but he counters with that left that really hurts almost any other fighter.

Bute got Froch quite a bit with body shots and some good ones to the head with that left, but Carl's chin his just too strong to go down that quickly. Its just a bad matchup for Bute, because of Carls chin, Bute just aint that slick. A good slickster like Ward easily defeated, Froch, well Ward is more like a great slickster.

But I maintained from the beginning this was a bad matchup for Bute, most likely I thought, becuase of Froch's chin. The thing is Bute, might be able to beat all the other 168 pounders other than Froch and Ward.

I like Bute, he's vulnerable, and has powerful hands, and his style is awesome, with those snappy left handed body shots and uppercuts. Just because he didn't beat Froch, doesn't mean he's a bum, styles make fights. I would like Bute to take another good fight later in the year.

I honestly am not sure if Bute will take the rematch, but I hope he does, but he might think he can't hurt him, so whats the point? Bute his about power, and some slick boxing, but more about power. And that doesn't help against Froch, but against anyone else it does.
          Fair do's mate, and look at my post below this.

I am absolutely not calling Bute a bum. I just didn't think he warranted how highly he was rated before the Froch fight. And thats not me trying to claim any credit for not rating as highly....i just want to know why he was.

Comment

Working...
          X