Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Gatti gets the title shot against Baldomir....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SacTown1
    3 title belts in 3 divisions = HOF

if Terry Norris can get there, why not Gatti?

Boxing's HOF isn't nearly as sacred as the MLB or even the NFL, plenty of title-holders and top contenders make it into the Hall, Gatti will make it based purely on reputation and popularity alone
    But SHOULD he? The answer is no.

Gatti has not beaten one great fighter his whole career, and is known mainly for his fights with sub-par competition, and the beat downs he suffered at the hands of good fighters (see: Angel Manfredy, De La Hoya, Mayweather [note: Manfredy isn't even playing the same game as the latter two names, nowhere near them in terms of skill]).

Gatti is absolutely not deserving of the HOF.

Comment

I like Gatti, but the the two fights he had against true HOF caliber fighters, DLH and PBF, he not only didn't show a good performance, he got SMOKED. And beating Baldomir(sp) or Judah still wouldn't get him there in my eye's.

Comment

Originally posted by SacTown1
        3 title belts in 3 divisions = HOF

if Terry Norris can get there, why not Gatti?

Boxing's HOF isn't nearly as sacred as the MLB or even the NFL, plenty of title-holders and top contenders make it into the Hall, Gatti will make it based purely on reputation and popularity alone
        if gatti makes it to the hof, it will be making a mockery of boxing. honestly, he is a warrior and respect him for what he does, but he is nowhere near hof status

Comment

Originally posted by GodzHand
          No, I'm not on drugs, I asked a simple question, and didnt even vote "yes". Are YOU on meth?
          LMFAO.

oh man those kinds of responses are priceless. If you look at this thread I made....and Look at the first four posts.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...t=lennox+lewis

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Of course not, it will make the rest of the hall of famers look bad. He has heart, but this is a sport of BOXING. He has not went to war with even one world class fighter ever.

Comment

If Oscar and Mayweather hadn't beaten him so badly I would say maybe. But the fact is, when he stepped it up, he got beat very very badly. He go down as one of the great blood and guts warriors.

Comment

gatti, being the biggest box office draw since mike tyson, is already assured a place in the questionable hall of fame. if guys like barry mcguigan can get into the HOF, surely the crowd-pleasing 2 division champ arturo "thunder" gatti can, too.

Comment

Arturo can make it to the DUI Hall of Fame. Three license revocations in three states.

Gatti has not beaten a single V GOOD fighter - and he was HIGHLY uncompetitive with the GREAT fighters. He doesn't have a SINGLE HOF skin on the wall.

At his peak, he wasn't among the top fighters IN HIS OWN DIVISION.

Sorry, PizzaBoy.

I would like to see Gatti fight Baby Macho.

Comment

what is hall of fame even based on? record? or juss the overall boxer, how he fought, what he did for the sport, etc?

Comment

oops i hit yes before i even read it, i thought it was a poll determining who would win the fight if he fought baldimor
                      Absolutely no way HOF fighter, then again though barry mcguigan got it

Comment

Working...
                      X