Collapse
No announcement yet.

pacquiao cotto fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i wasn't impressed.....this is easily one of his most overrated wins. cotto was coming off being beaten with bricks and he just went through a war with clottey.....cotto had zero confidence going into that fight and add to the fact that he was weight drained. many of his wins are overhyped and this is definitely one of them.
    Last edited by jaestix1; 03-30-2013, 11:18 AM.

Comment

it's cause Cotto wasn't roiding

Comment

That was the Pacman that Floyd feared.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Pac did indeed look great on the night, but Cotto's problems were part of the reason. He was coming off the Margacheato beatdown and a life and death battle with Clottey and he was a total mess; basically training himself, awful footwork, terrible gameplan, etc...

Reagrding Pac-JMM 3, that fight was not even close. 117-111 Marquez.
          I think Marquez blew that fight. He was up and IMO he gave away the last couple rounds and lost the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
            I think Marquez blew that fight. He was up and IMO he gave away the last couple rounds and lost the fight.
            While you're right that JMM gave away the late rounds, if you look at the official scorecards I'm not sure they were ever going to give it to him.

Glenn Trowbridge was clearly not going to hand in a card that gave Marquez the victory. His card is really a 117-111 Pacquiao card, with the last round being given to JMM for the sake of appearances.

The funny thing about the last three rounds is that they all found a round to give to him, but for each of them it was a different round. In fact, for the entire second half of the fight, there's only one Rd that all three judges agreed upon, the 7th.

Personally I felt it was a close but clear victory for Marquez. I thought he won 7 of the first 8 rounds, but gave away the late ones because his activity dropped off way too much. I guess it was a calculated risk on his part, give up rounds for the sake of avoiding risk. Whether the judges were ever going to give it to him or not it was a stupid thing to do.

Comment

Originally posted by DR.ORGYY View Post
              Who beats him that night
              Floyd schools him any night , you got know idea how much it changes when you change the opponents style , and off course not having a weight drained guy in front of you makes a world of difference also , Manny DUCKED a healthy Cotto twice , burn that into your brain !

Fanboys are so short sighted .

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull puppy View Post
                Now that is what i do not understand,he destroyed Cotto at a catchweight,ok cool.so why even try to rematch him??and then ask for another catchweight on top of that?
                Exactly , not only wanted a rematch Manny only wanted it with a CW , he is scared to fight Cotto healthy , because Cotto at a healthy weight made Manny go find a 140 pounder that ironically beat him anyway .

Ducking Cotto on weight after beating the guy with a CW is just so blatant , its the same Cotto right , wrong and thats why Manny WILL NOT fight him without some forced draining first .

Comment

I am a big Cotto fan but that night I knew PAC was for real!

Comment

Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
                    i wasn't impressed.....this is easily one of his most overrated wins. cotto was coming off being beaten with bricks and he just went through a war with clottey.....cotto had zero confidence going into that fight and add to the fact that he was weight drained. many of his wins are overhyped and this is definitely one of them.
                    True zero confidence probably the worst Cotto been ever in his career also people need to remember he never made 147 after this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Rome-By-Ko View Post
                      Mayweather Marquez Bradley all would have a good chance against him..But I will say PAC would give any of them hell with the way he looked that night..
                      Lmao @ Bradley. PAC beat himwithout breaking a sweat and Bradley just went life and death with PAC's sparring partner. Log off, kid.

Comment

Working...
                      X