No announcement yet.

Harold Lederman to be HBO analyst

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harold Lederman to be HBO analyst

For the past 25 years, Harold Lederman has served as HBO’s unofficial ringside judge, posting his own real-time scorecard and providing any rules interpretation that may be needed. Saturday night in Guadalajara, Mexico, Harold Lederman fulfills a long-time goal, when HBO Sports moves him into the analyst position for the opening fight (Adrien Broner vs. Jason Litzau) on the HBO Boxing After Dark telecast. Short one announcer this weekend, Lederman will call the opening bout with veteran blow-by-blow broadcaster Bob Papa. The bout is scheduled for 10 rounds. Lederman celebrated his 25th anniversary with HBO Boxing this past April, having worked ringside as the unofficial HBO scorer for more than a thousand fights. Roy Jones Jr., who is the late-night series lead analyst, will not work the Broner vs. Litzau fight since his promotional company has a relationship with Litzau. Jones will call the main event of Canelo Alvarez vs. Ryan Rhodes on HBO.
    Fight news

Meh,weak.

And I was looking forward to Broner-Litzau.

Comment

Lederman isn't as bad as some make out, and even if he isn't a great judge he knows the sport very well and may well do a good job. We'll see.

Comment

the guy had like the easiest job in the world , and he was not that good at it .........

Comment

Comment

Never cared too much for Harold. He's often off-point and biased in favor of New York fighters.

Comment

Harold Lederman isn't a brilliant commentator/analyst, but he's MUCH better than that idiot Max Kellerman.

Comment

I have always liked him, though his card points were really off on the Chavez Jr. Fight. That's one of the rare times when his fight cards was really off that I can recall.

Comment

are we gonna keep hearing OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIMOKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM OKAY JIM for 12 rounds?

Comment

I look forward to hearing him commentate.

Comment

Working...
                    X