Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miguel Diaz says he missed a chance to check Margarito's hand wraps prior to Cotto...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who cares what he says, it was Cotto's uncle that went into the dressing room and saw margaritos hand wrapped. Whats next are they going to say Cotto's mom should have been checking the wraps, but failed to do so. They need to admit they got beat that night, not only because of the power which may have been tampered, but Cotto could not hurt Margarito with any of the combinations he tossed at him.

Comment

Originally posted by carlos slim View Post
      margarito and segura had the same trainer!!! why would capetillo just cement margaritos gloves and not seguras too....miguel diaz checked seguras wraps = clean.....so margaritos wraps were clean too!

give margarito credit and watch that fight again....youll see cotto is constant backpedaling and eating punches on the ropes and you cant win vs a pressure fighter for 12 rounds doin that....
      same trainer doesnt mean every1 he trains is done with the same scheme. and u cant really take anything that happened in that fight into consideration. he was hitting him with loaded gloves. after 4 rounds of gettin hit by them, im sure cotto felt like he took 8 rounds worth of punishment. like dude said b4, tony said he never knew what was going on. whos 2 say he didnt know what was going on for the cotto fight????

Comment

Cotto has lost to a definte cheater and maybe to a second. Only time will tell.

I got much respect for cotto though. If only he had a promoter who looked after his best interest all the time instead of when it was advantageous to his promoter.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
          My only question is that
          If Margarito claimed he did not know anything about the wraps. How does he claimed that he was clean for any other fights.
          Also, they stated that they have been wrapping his hands the same way for all his fights. So, if that is true. Then, he has been cheating all along.
          You are not allowed to reason with margaCHEATo supporters because they do not like it. Point out the obvious and you are derided for your inability to understand how obviously persecuted and framed this poor, beleaguered soul has been.

margaCHEATo walked 10 miles to school, uphill both ways.

Comment

margarito and segura had the same trainer!!! why would capetillo just cement margaritos gloves and not seguras too....miguel diaz checked seguras wraps = clean.....so margaritos wraps were clean too!

give margarito credit and watch that fight again....youll see cotto is constant backpedaling and eating punches on the ropes and you cant win vs a pressure fighter for 12 rounds doin that....
            NO NO NO, Capetillo wasn't Segura's trainer when he fought Canchila the first time.

Comment

tell me you are not serious?

Ricky Mota Sr wraps Segura's hands and has since Segura went pro

Capetillo has never wrapped Gio's hands

Comment

Cotto lost because he ate too many punches, he was wore down during the fight, I dont think margarito was wrapped but even if he was its not like it makes a night and day diffirence. Is there scientific studies that show power increase with the type of plaster found? I would think it would hurt margoritos hand in the long run since its padded by the gloves anyway so he would hurt his hand more than Cotto.

Can someone put up a study done with the exact stuff found in margaritos wraps? His wraps werent pure rock hard they just had trace elements. I think people are making a big deal out of this, dont think he wanted to load up and it couldve been a case of using old wraps with water or something else that got into them and caused them to stiffen up. Hand Wraps are checked every fight by the commision and the other corners trainer so if he had plaster like wraps he wouldve been caught with them on. Im not a big Margarito fan but I dont know why everyone is going crazy. Sounds to me like either water or something else came in contact with the wraps and it hardened a little bit. If it was pure plaster the plaster would break on the first punch and would do more dmg to Margorito than the opponent unless it was a fight without gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by Digital Hu$tler View Post
                  My thing is how did this get pass the athletic commission?

They sign off on all the wraps before a fighter puts there gloves on and they didn't notice this?
                  Persuading the eye. Old Trainer know their **** like Magicians

Comment

1 question if Margarito got away with wrapping his hands this way his entire career then how can we trust any fighter is clean especially smaller fights because if your telling me some of the top commisioners in the world couldnt catch something as physically obvious as plaster of paris but that this was a one off situation then your stupid

Comment

You Ricans never give up do you??

Comment

Working...
                      X