Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets Use RA the Rugged Man's logic and pick Floyd's next fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
    Floyd fans are a joke. In my eyes you are either a fan of boxing or you can **** off. That goes for any 'tard, such as *******s and Cotto-Sexuals.

Stop trying to jstify his ducking. I mean look at Cotto: In the time he has been at Welterweight he has fought Quintana, Judah, Margarito, Clottey and Mosely.

Compare that to: Judah, Baldomir and perhaps Mitchell.

I mean get real.
    Judah, Lineal Champion Baldomir, up to 154 to face DLH, then fought the undefeated Hatton (who if you remember, was the guy who had the tools to beat Floyd for the past 5 years).

That is good opposition.

Comment

Also, maybe lets try and engage in debate as opposite to name calling and telling people they are no fans of boxing becuase they made a thread about a fighter.
      just a thought.

Comment

Some people really need to learn what they are talking about, giving Floyd zero respect is not what a true boxing fan would do.

Ask him to fight good guys in the future sure I can feel that but to say he is a fraud that has done nothing is showing a lack of depth in knowledge.

Floyd has proven himself against many quality foes, I forget how many current,former or future world champs he has beat but it is not a small number. Dude has been on top since 1998 basically longevity in boxing like that is not common at all, if you can't respect that then I really do not know what to say~.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
          Some people really need to learn what they are talking about, giving Floyd zero respect is not what a true boxing fan would do.

Ask him to fight good guys in the future sure I can feel that but to say he is a fraud that has done nothing is showing a lack of depth in knowledge.

Floyd has proven himself against many quality foes, I forget how many current,former or future world champs he has beat but it is not a small number. Dude has been on top since 1998 basically longevity in boxing like that is not common at all, if you can't respect that then I really do not know what to say~.
          A true fan of boxing would give Floyd respect, but can still point out fighters he should fight and be able to disagree with him on issues. I know I certianly do.

Floyd is one of the main reasons boxing has stayed relevant with the decline of the heavyweight division.

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
            A true fan of boxing would give Floyd respect, but can still point out fighters he should fight and be able to disagree with him on issues. I know I certianly do.

Floyd is one of the main reasons boxing has stayed relevant with the decline of the heavyweight division.
            I fully understand that Floyd could have done more in his career but to me that does not take away what he has done.

No one is above criticism but there is a difference between valid criticism and nit picking.

Comment

SSM then the Pac-Cotto winner.

Comment

Getting tired of people using Mosley being 38 as a reason Floyd shouldn't fight him. Shane Mosley is the best welterweight in the world right now, if fighters couldn't get big fights past the age of 38 Hopkins ancient ass would have retired a long time ago, but he didn't and he is still beating guys half his age and getting big fights. Shane Mosley being the best welter in the world is why Floyd should fight him, age doesn't matter.

And Floyd has absolutely no excuse AT ALL if he doesn't fight Mosley or the Pac-Cotto winner for his next fight, maybe I'll cut him some slack if he fights some ranked welter in December since he said he wants a fight then.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
                  Floyd fans are a joke. In my eyes you are either a fan of boxing or you can **** off. That goes for any 'tard, such as *******s and Cotto-Sexuals.

Stop trying to jstify his ducking. I mean look at Cotto: In the time he has been at Welterweight he has fought Quintana, Judah, Margarito, Clottey and Mosely.

Compare that to: Judah, Baldomir and perhaps Mitchell.

I mean get real.
                  This is about as clear as it gets.

Comment

Judah, Lineal Champion Baldomir, up to 154 to face DLH, then fought the undefeated Hatton (who if you remember, was the guy who had the tools to beat Floyd for the past 5 years).

That is good opposition.
                    lol,what tools were those?...lol

Comment

Well Floyd wanted to fight Cotto at 140 but Arum kept him away and even Floyd admitted he was too green.
                      He has called out Mosley before, and since Mosley had said no in 05 there was really no time for them to fight since. I mean it would be foolish to fight him after he lost to Cotto, and Cotto was tied up with Marg, Mosley and Pac.
                      IMO Floyd should fight the winner of Pac vs Cotto than the winner of Mosley vs Berto or Mosley vs WIlliams fight.
                      I do think Williams is too big to fight at 147 now so that likely wont happen.
                      According to Williams' people, he walks around at 155. Tommy Hearns was similar in a way where he was tall and lanky, but he wasn't killing himself to make WW when he was there. Williams is one of those oddities where can probably make 147 and 154 no problem. Prior to the Pavlik fight, his team said he was having trouble making even 158. If Williams was offered a fight with Floyd, I guarantee he'd make 147 with no problems.

As far as Cotto and Mosley, there's no reason why both these guys shouldn't get a crack at Floyd. Step out of the box of being a hardcore fan of a particular fighter and look at both match ups. You're saying you wouldn't buy both these PPVs if they happen in 2010?? I find that hard to believe.

Comment

Working...
                      X