Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how much better is calzaaghe's resume than hatton's?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Hattons, while it lacks the depth of Joe's, is alot more respectable. Im not taking anything away from Joe, but anyone denying he ducked the best in their prime is blindly zelous to Joe, or simply blind... Anyway, he has a good paper record, but in reality he fought a way past it JJR, a past peak but still very good Hopkins, a past it Eubank, a past it Woodhall, and a very off form Ried. I love Calzaghe but his record doesn't stand up to scrutiny, i grant he fought Kessler wh we all accept is a very good fighter.

Hatton's however stands up very nicely! He has sought to fight and beat the best, and to become the best. Sadly he hasn't achieved this as of yet, but who says he can't? Anyway, he has fought the legend that is Tzyu, p4p king PBF (i know it is a loss but at least it ilistrates the fact he sought to fight the best and didn't duck anyone!), a young up and comer with a very good reputation in the Magic man, Maussa a well respected pro, some tough South American fighters with very good reps such as; collazo, urango?, castillo, and maybe Lazcano. He still wants to fight the best and would happily fight PBF again!

Im goin with Hatton's as the most impressive!

Comment

Originally posted by alframsey View Post
      I think Hattons, while it lacks the depth of Joe's, is alot more respectable. Im not taking anything away from Joe, but anyone denying he ducked the best in their prime is blindly zelous to Joe, or simply blind... Anyway, he has a good paper record, but in reality he fought a way past it JJR, a past peak but still very good Hopkins, a past it Eubank, a past it Woodhall, and a very off form Ried. I love Calzaghe but his record doesn't stand up to scrutiny, i grant he fought Kessler wh we all accept is a very good fighter.
      Wow. At least that last sentence is correct.

Comment

Originally posted by SHB View Post
        Wow. At least that last sentence is correct.
        Im guessing you dont agree? But his record is filled with Hasbeens, Ricky's isn't. If he comes back and fights the likes of Dawson, Pavilik and Haye then he will have saved his rep somewhat, but until then he will be seen a a very good fighter, not the legend he wants to be seen as!

Comment

Hatton's however stands up very nicely! He has sought to fight and beat the best, and to become the best. Sadly he hasn't achieved this as of yet, but who says he can't? Anyway, he has fought the legend that is Tzyu, p4p king PBF (i know it is a loss but at least it ilistrates the fact he sought to fight the best and didn't duck anyone!), a young up and comer with a very good reputation in the Magic man, Maussa a well respected pro, some tough South American fighters with very good reps such as; collazo, urango?, castillo, and maybe Lazcano. He still wants to fight the best and would happily fight PBF again!

Im goin with Hatton's as the most impressive!
          and who the hell respects maussa? the wild monkey men of the congo?

Comment

Im guessing you dont agree? But his record is filled with Hasbeens, Ricky's isn't. If he comes back and fights the likes of Dawson, Pavilik and Haye then he will have saved his rep somewhat, but until then he will be seen a a very good fighter, not the legend he wants to be seen as!
            Leaving aside the Calzaghe question (which I strongly and fundamentally disagree with you on), have you actually looked at Hatton's record? He didn't fight a live world class opponent until he was 38-0!

I love Ricky but come on. He was a late challenger for a proper world title (Warren's fault of course, but still the truth of the matter). His opponents over the last three years compares favourably to anyone else out there but before that? Nope, don't buy it.

Comment

i think we can all agree though that if rick wins his next fight he will surpass joe right?

and also i'd rather go 38 fights fighting nobodies and then step it up and fight the best for 10 fights.. than fight mediocre fighters most of my carrer and then fight descent/old ones...

joe calzaghe has way more question marks behind his resume than ricky will have after ricky's next fight
              Last edited by sitai; 11-28-2008, 06:31 AM.

Comment

Leaving aside the Calzaghe question (which I strongly and fundamentally disagree with you on), have you actually looked at Hatton's record? He didn't fight a live world class opponent until he was 38-0!

I love Ricky but come on. He was a late challenger for a proper world title (Warren's fault of course, but still the truth of the matter). His opponents over the last three years compares favourably to anyone else out there but before that? Nope, don't buy it.
                Yeh i agree that before the Tzyu fight he didn't fight the best around, or ven the challengers. But after that he has sought to fight the best out there, and has. Joe has never done that. Now as ive said many many times Joe and Ricky are my two favourite boxers, and i love Joe and i will miss him when he has gone, but he has only ever looked to fight the big names while they are on the slide. If he come back and fights Dawson or Pavilik then i will alter my view, if he comes back and has a rematch with Hopkins then I will look at him in an even dimmer light! Ricky has fought more world class fighter while they are still very much at their peak, or there abouts.

Comment

Originally posted by sitai View Post
                  i think we can all agree though that if rick wins his next fight he will surpass joe right?

and also i'd rather go 38 fights fighting nobodies and then step it up and fight the best for 10 fights.. than fight mediocre fighters most of my carrer and then fight descent/old ones...

joe calzaghe has way more question marks behind his resume than ricky will have after ricky's next fight
                  Yeh, i completely agree. Joe has too many holes in his record.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    and who the hell respects maussa? the wild monkey men of the congo?
                    Does it make a difference who repects him, that fact is he was a good boxer and was systematiclly taken apart by Ricky.

Comment

so you're comparing a fighter's fight as he positions himself to a title shot to a reigning champion's defenses?

i don't care who a person fights as he tries to get a title shot. i care about who he fought after becoming a champion.

ricky was around 27 when he got his title shot against kostya. (wbu doesn't count)

joe was around 26 when he got his title shot against eubank.

unlike joe , ricky didn't get his belt fighting a shot fighter for a vacant belt.

maybe ricky needed a 38-0 record to get a title shot at the 140 lineal champion and p4p fighter.

all i know is after beating kostya , ricky challenged another beltholder and a fight after that challenged for a belt in a higher weight class. ricky also challenged the #1 p4p fighter in the world soon after.

why did it take joe almost a decade as champion to fight another beltholder? why did it take joe more than a decade to jump up and challenge for a belt in a higher division?

oh yeah joe fought #1 p4p fighters too...... about a half decade too late......

Comment

Working...
                      X