Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Felix Verdejo's Trainer Not Pleased With Recent Performance

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To paraphrase what I said it before the fight, "Verdejo has some Dulorme in him. They have speed, quickness, skills , and solid technique (Verdejo moreso than Dulorme), but they lack physical strength. The cleanliness of the shots that Verdejo lands and doesn't hurt his opponents with speaks to that."

His last fight is a testament to that.

His team is focused on combinations, when they should be focused on tightening up his defense and adjusting his style to deal with his weakness and/or putting him on a strength and conditioning program that increases his strength without bulking him out of the division.

That's one area Tito and Cotto did not lack, they were able to push opponents around and hurt them in the 2nd and 3rd weight classes. With Verdejo's strength, he'll be lucky if his career turns out to be as good as, another strength deficient fighter, Jorge Linares. And like they're going to have to be very careful how they move him.

Comment

jeez that sucks but this kid needs to go back to the fundamentals, there shouldn't be a rush take your time and get as many fights as you need to help you develop. not every one can win a world title at a young age.

Comment

He's regressing, it could be all the pressure, but I think it's the competition. Mismatches are only making him sloppy. He knows the fix is in, why press himself?

Comment

GOOD to hear this because he looked like trash. Kid has no heart though, you can just tell by looking at his face. I can already picture the multiple articles in the future of is trainer expressing frustration with Verdejo. Verdejo will get broken by any decent C level pressure fighter with power.

Comment

Working...
          X