No announcement yet.

Victor Ortiz "I'm shot and it hurts that I can't accept it."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QballLobo View Post
    I hope you let Ortiz know you were going to put him on blast like this, otherwise that's pretty messed up IMO.
    He doesn't care what others think, but I mean ppl need to know fighters have an ego no matter how bad they lose they care.

Comment

Originally posted by tito_bandito View Post
      He doesn't care what others think, but I mean ppl need to know fighters have an ego no matter how bad they lose they care.
      I don't know about that. Leading up to last Thursday he talked quite a bit about not missing all the negative comments about him during his time away. I doubt he would appreciate something he told you in private being broadcast like that.

Comment

He's not as bad as juanma at all. Ortiz physically is still there but he is just too damn reckless. The shots hes getting hit with are home runs and he's been taking home run shots for YEARS. I remember that Berto kd and to this day I'm frankly amazed he made it to his feet and knocked him down that same round. S hit was a brutal kd as wa the first Maidana one that he ran right into. His defense itself is not that bad. When he doesnt want to be hit he shows SOME defensive awareness but it's like his ego is so big that he has no regard for what comes back when he's throwing.

It's honestly hard to say what he should do. These brutal fights he's got in normally strengthen a fighter's resolve in similar situations... But I don't know what it is. Him and Kahn are really similar. I think it might just be a lack of respect for their opponent. All the tools in the world but you can't fix stupid... I think ortiz might be a bit more of a dive since he got a shot at Floyd though...

I may be wrong and uninformed with this but isn't Ortiz the "guy" at his gym? If so I think he needs to make a move somewhere and change trainers. I honestly think he needs some humbling in the gym and think Virgil would help and Floyd Sr might be able to help too. He has a strong personality which could probably keep Victors ego in check and maybe tighten up the guard...

I really want to see him succeed as a big fan of his. I think he still has a shot with some careful match making for a few fights.
        Last edited by NearHypnos; 02-02-2014, 05:53 PM.

Comment

If GBP drops him, he needs to sign to a promoter that is willing to build him back up from scratch. Like start off with no names, fight 4-5 times this year but against completely outmatched, unknown fighters. Then in 2015 fight some one like Humberto Soto, Mauricio Herrera, Holt, then step up in skills vs Malignaggi. I would also say Cano, but he seems too tough for Ortiz to handle right now, and he's a good puncher. Maybe even a Berto rematch.

Comment

He needs to retire because those flashbacks won't just go away and he will never be at 100% in a fight fighting with second thoughts.

Comment

It depends what he's in boxing for. If he wants to be successful and win titles then he should retire. If he's in it as a job then there's no reason he can't make a good living for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                Throw him in there with some soft touches. First and foremost he needs to get some confidence.
                That's what Collazo was supposed to be. How far down do you have to go to find a soft touch for Victor Ortiz?

Comment

I pity Ortiz because the Maidana quitagge made him a mark for all e-thugs. The Lopez quit was imo totally reasonable. Then being ko'd by Collazo spells the end.

Comment

What is it with victor ortiz and amir khans footwork? There set ups and shots tend to put them in awkward postions in there fights. Its why I wonder if ortiz is a natural southpaw or a converted one.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      That's what Collazo was supposed to be. How far down do you have to go to find a soft touch for Victor Ortiz?
                      Collazo was a soft touch and a fighter that was put there to be blown out. But in hindsight, Collazo survived getting TKO'ed by Mosley, Berto, Hatton and only been KO'ed once a long time ago against a no name. Also, many had him beating Berto and Hatton, who were both undefeated at the time. Berto and Hatton could have arguably had a +1 in the loss column courtesy of Collazo.

Also, a guy with 5 losses and that many tough names on his resume is usually considered a tough gatekeeper, not the lowest of the low. It can be argued that Collazo is a B fighter, who just happened to lose to a C fighter in Hernandez, which is pretty common in boxing. Even A fighters lose to C level sometimes, considered huge upsets of course, but they happen.

Point is, yes, Ortiz can go down much lower in competition than Collazo. Considerably lower actually.

Comment

Working...
                      X