Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Didn't your respect for Broner grow after forcing a rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't your respect for Broner grow after forcing a rematch?

i'm very surprised at the hate being thrown at Broner for forcing a rematch.

He could go down to 135 and beat anyone probably. He could get a belt in many different alphabets or divisions, but he's going to try conquering the beast known as Maidana.

The dude got his ass beat, and he's going for seconds. For us boxing fans this is the best thing possible, imo. It's going to be such a compelling fight, and I just gotta reiterate, as someone who doesn't particularly like or hate Broner, if he takes dangerous exciting fights, I will definitely like him.
    Yes, it did, he is very brave.
    42.00%
    No, he is a fool, i hate him
    58.00%

I can't respect Broner in any form outside the ring but inside it I have always had respect for him. Taking the rematch right away is a mistake though and it's going to be hard to beat Maidana now with the confidence he's going to have from the first fight. If he pulls it off, he's right back, but if he doesn't there's going to be a hard road back after legitimately being exposed.

Comment

Yeah, i still dont like him and can't stand his attitude but i respect him for wanting to fight maidana again ant not trying an easier route.

Comment

no respect. i didn't even think he deserved the decision over malignaggi. where was paulie's rematch? and maidana kicked his shit in. that fight wasnt even close and doesnt warrant a rematch.

don't mind seeing maidana beat his ass again though.

Comment

Uhh, no? Why would it? Of course he'd want a rematch after the biggest public embarrassment of his life, specially after talking so much ****. If he would have beat Maidana like Maidana beat him you can bet he would be bragging and treating Maidana like a bum desperate for a rematch he doesn't deserve.

Any human would try to clean the most humiliating moment of their life if they had the chance or it's a memory that will stay untouched for the rest of his life.

Comment

I respected Broner for being able to take that beating. Many fighters e.g. V. Ortiz would have quit but Broner just kept walking forwards on wobbly legs taking heavy shots.

Broner's pride has taking a massive hit and the only way to redeem himself in his own eyes is to beat Maidana asap.

I think Maidana beats Broner again and his career is going to be pretty much done after it.

Comment

He certainly didn't shy away from it, Naz had a rematch against Barrera and even said "Am getting my rematch" but he never pursued it, Bute had one against Froch and hasn't exercise it yet so yes I admire Broner for going straight for it.

Comment

I respect the courage shown during the beatdown and wanting another fight with maidana.
                laughing at him outside the ring for being a an arrogant clown.

Comment

All fighters deserve respect after losing as badly as Broner did and wanting to do it again. Whether a fan has respect for that or not...true boxing fans do. Nobody gives a rats ass what you think is personal when you aren't risking anything. You can hate Broner all you want, but he wants a rematch. Good for him. A real fighter never forgets losing and moves on career wise. You do the rematch win or lose.

Comment

Judgement day will arrive after it's all said and done. Picture Broner saying, ah, forget about Maidana and moving on. Would you respect him for moving on? I wouldn't. Imagine if Ali didn't rematch Frazier. Imagine if Shane didn't rematch Forrest. Imagine if Gatti didn't rematch Ward.

Comment

Working...
                    X