Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sergio Martinez needs to stop ducking Dmitry Pirog!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure we'll see the fight after yesterday's performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      None really so what is the difference whether he fought Barker now and Pirog later or Pirog now and Barker later?

Pirog is there, if he keeps winning Martinez or someone of note will have to fight him at some point but like someone said Proska deserves a shot much more than him Sylvester is a tough sub world class guy who has been around and was just obliterated by him with ease.
      Proksa definitely deserves a title shot. I'd like to see him in with Sturm or Geale next, but they may decide to duck him and face softer opposition.

Hopefully he will attain mandatory status by one of the ABCs but he doesn't have a powerful promoter. He should sign with Sauerland.

Comment

If Martinez plans to continue at 160 then his next fight should be Pirog.

Comment

Originally posted by AKOO View Post

Comment

Originally posted by AKOO View Post
            thats dumb. there are better fights than pirog no matter how u look at it. to say pirog is ahead of the proverbial pack tells me ppl really dont kno much about wats going on in that division.

i mean seriously who as pirog beat to make him #1 contender?

Comment

Dmitry Pirog has the style to make Martinez look like a joke. Unless he pulls a Barker and doesn't throw back and just lets Martinez pile up rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                thats dumb. there are better fights than pirog no matter how u look at it. to say pirog is ahead of the proverbial pack tells me ppl really dont kno much about wats going on in that division.

Who has Barker beat?

Who did Martinez beat before he got his fights on HBO?

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  Dmitry Pirog was ringside for the fight last night, and has repeatedly been saying he wants to fight Martinez.

Pirog is a titleholder and because of his spectacular performance against Jacobs last year, was better known than Barker. Yet Martinez chose to fight Barker.

It would be an interesting styles matchup and so a very enjoyable fight for all the real boxing fans.
                  martinez fought barker bcuz pirogs ppl didnt want it, they didnt think he was ready but i guess they changed their minds following his last fight. martinez aint been ducking nobody though thats for sure.

it could be a good fight though, i agree with that. their styles make for a very interesting fight if martinez doesnt outclass him completely that is. pirog never competed anywhere near martinez' level so you cant rule that out.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post

Yeah, Pirog should fight Paul Williams to prove himself.

Comment

Wouldn't mind seeing him fight pirog.

Also, rubio is #1 ranked at wbc. Would he be OK?

Macklin seems like an OK choice, so does proksa.

Andy Lee? Meh. No thanks.

Golovkin seems ok. When will he step up in competition though?

Comment

Working...
                      X