No announcement yet.

Gamboa is the best of the Cubans, without a doubt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamboa is the best of the Cubans, without a doubt

I said it a while back, and after how good he looked against Solis it reconfirms it more than ever in my eyes. Hes a bit wild and gets dropped often, but his hand speed is ridiculous when he unloads, and if he can continue to mix boxing ability with his wild speed then theres no way that Rigondeuax, Lora, Johnson, Despaigne etc can come close to matching him.

I have no doubt he will be the most successful of the cuban amateurs-turned-pro around today.

certainly can't argue with that.

Comment

I agree.

I think there's plenty of talent among the Cuban's currently, but Gamboa is a bit special. I actually think his all around game is under-rated by many, he has plenty of skill to go with his athletic abilities. I really look forward to seing what he does in the next few years.

Comment

I love watching the guy... Exciting... Very exciting!

Comment

Agreed.

Gamboa is elite.

Arguably the best at 126.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
            I said it a while back, and after how good he looked against Solis it reconfirms it more than ever in my eyes. Hes a bit wild and gets dropped often, but his hand speed is ridiculous when he unloads, and if he can continue to mix boxing ability with his wild speed then theres no way that Rigondeuax, Lora, Johnson, Despaigne etc can come close to matching him.

I have no doubt he will be the most successful of the cuban amateurs-turned-pro around today.
            I believe Rigondeaux is actually more talented than Gamboa. His skills are Mayweatheresque. Guillermo has almost supernatural reflexes, which suits his counter-punching style perfectly. That being said, Yuriorkis is much more exciting, especially to the casual fan. Given the choice, I'd rather watch a Gamboa fight every time.

Of the current Cuban defectors, Gamboa and Rigondeaux are the only two of elite quality. They're truly gifted; I've said this since the beginning. Lara is a distant third. Solis might've been third, but he's allowed his potential to go down the toilet. All the others are "second-tier".

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              I believe Rigondeaux is actually more talented than Gamboa. His skills are Mayweatheresque. Guillermo has almost supernatural reflexes, which suits his counter-punching style perfectly. That being said, Yuriorkis is much more exciting, especially to the casual fan. Given the choice, I'd rather watch a Gamboa fight every time.

Of the current Cuban defectors, Gamboa and Rigondeaux are the only two of elite quality. They're truly gifted; I've said this since the beginning. Lara is a distant third. Solis might've been third, but he's allowed his potential to go down the toilet. All the others are "second-tier".
              Johnson really impressed me with his head movement on FNF.

I'm still withholding judgement until he steps up.

But he looks like a really good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post

I dont. Rigondeaux is flawed, and is too busy fighting bums to accomplish anything serious before he gets old.

When Rigondeaux fights someone who can bury into him and hit him, he will be beat up and finished.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
                  I dont. Rigondeaux is flawed, and is too busy fighting bums to accomplish anything serious before he gets old.

When Rigondeaux fights someone who can bury into him and hit him, he will be beat up and finished.
                  I think he fights like a poor man's Floyd Mayweather.

The Cordoba fight was very telling.

He hits a little adversity and he goes completely defensive.

Great body puncher though.

Comment

gamboa is the most athletically gifted... not sure about the most skilled thoough

Comment

Working...
                    X