Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who should pac be fighting out of JMM, Marg, and Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who should pac be fighting out of JMM, Marg, and Cotto?

these were his three options as of right now. obviously everyone agrees that pac should be fighting someone like berto, bradley, williams, or optimally, floyd... but that is not the case

my question is - out of the three current options that pacquiao has, who should he be fighting? he is clearly geared towards marg, but nothing is set in stone.

personally i think the cotto fight would be the most entertaining, but JMM is only getting older and he is coming off of a win. it would be good to see pac put down any last doubts.

what are your thoughts?
    Marquez
    62.50%
    Cotto
    12.50%
    Margarito
    25.00%

good question man... honestly, just my opinion, i think he should fight marquez... it is pretty obvious that pac's next fight is simply a holdover till he gets mayweather... and i think pac owes the honorable filipino, mexican, and all boxing fans in general, a rubber match with marquez... marquez and pacquiao are truly what this sport should be all about... i love both these fighters equally... two true warriors.... but i think the fact that marquez arguably won the second fight should make pac WANT TO SHOW that he is the better of the two... and while i think pacquiao stops marquez at this point in their careers, especially at 140 or higher, pac owes marquez and the fans the fight... i think it would do better numbers than pac/marg or cotto rematch FOR THE TIME BEING... **** margarito.. he doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as pac, much less the same ring... cotto i think could make a MUCH CLOSER fight with pac, but pac still wins... cotto simply hasn;t earned it like marquez has just being one fight removed from the losss.....

anyway, sorry to go off on a tangent... but bring on pac/marquez III PLEEAASE, BRING IT ON.... ONE LAST THING, if marquez wants 50/50, he isn't serious about the fight.. cause he knows, as well as everyone else, that pacquiao should get at least 60 percent... pac ain't ducking marquez if marquez really is demanding 50 50 split... if pac gets 60, more like 65, then i KNOW PAC would take the fight.... be smart marquez, u know pac brings more to the table financially...

Comment

Marquez, to finish once and for all any doubts on the clear winner. Although I expect it to be Pacquiao all the way in a Marquez part III, Pacquiao cannot go down to the 135, I even doubt if he is comfortable at 140, which means Marquez has to climb up to the 147 division again.

Cotto? It doesnt bring anything in terms of interest or intrigue.

Margacheato? Boycott the bum.

And please, don't bring up issues on OST or PEDs.

Comment

Originally posted by al22tec View Post
        Marquez, to finish once and for all any doubts on the clear winner. Although I expect it to be Pacquiao all the way in a Marquez part III, Pacquiao cannot go down to the 135, I even doubt if he is comfortable at 140, which means Marquez has to climb up to the 147 division again.

Cotto? It doesnt bring anything in terms of interest or intrigue.

Margacheato? Boycott the bum.

And please, don't bring up issues on OST or PEDs.
        Bull **** why is he asking for CW and stuff then?? he doesn't come in at the 147 lb limit he should be more then fine to drop to 140

Comment

I don't support CW, fyi, and don't like Margacheato. So the planned Pac-Marg at 150 I totally dont agree. And Pac already said he is comfortable at 147 division. So going back to 140 may not be an option. And Pac will pressure Marquez to come up in weight rather than him going down.

Comment

Originally posted by al22tec View Post
            I don't support CW, fyi, and don't like Margacheato. So the planned Pac-Marg at 150 I totally dont agree. And Pac already said he is comfortable at 147 division. So going back to 140 may not be an option. And Pac will pressure Marquez to come up in weight rather than him going down.
            He doesn't even come in at the WW limit though so i don't see why he can't go down, but he is the draw in a fight with Marquez so he calls the shots i guess as to what the weight would be

Comment

If Marquez moved up to welter people would complain and rightfully so, Cotto got ko'd and should not be in with someone as dangerous as Manny for awhile. So that leaves Mayweather or Margarito and Mayweather wouldn't fight Manny for 10 million dollars... so I guess that leaves Margarito.

Comment

As shown at the Marquez-May fight, Marquez looked sluggish and didnt carry the weight well. Compared to his fight with Diaz at 135, Marquez looked very ripped, and carried the weight well. There are people who said he looked like a little slow in this fight, but some said he looked very good. Marquez is the one running after Pacquiao. As such, Pacquiao will insist Marquez go up in weight rather than him going down to meet Marquez somewhere below the 147 limit.

Comment

Originally posted by RINGG View Post
                  If Marquez moved up to welter people would complain and rightfully so, Cotto got ko'd and should not be in with someone as dangerous as Manny for awhile. So that leaves Mayweather or Margarito and Mayweather wouldn't fight Manny for 10 million dollars... so I guess that leaves Margarito.
                  yes, that leaves margacheato as the next best option for Pacquiao. But the question brought by the TS is who do we prefer to see in the next fight, and I prefer Marquez. But what people want, will not necessarily be the best choice. In the eyes of Bob Arum, Margacheato is IT.

Comment

itd be dumb to accuse manny of ducking williams or matrinez, AND JMM at the same time

Comment

Working...
                    X