No announcement yet.

Russell Peltz dropping truth on Quillin dropping belt and hurting the sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sicko View Post
    ...Basically, THAT IS NOTHING! They get a % of course but why take a % when you can drop the title, cut out this new middle man promotion, and do Quillin vs Jacobs and make MORE MONEY all around

This is from a PROMOTION STANDPOINT by the way, not saying I agree with Quillin for not taking the fight or Golden Boy Promotions who likely Promised him just as much money if he drops the Title and instead fight Jacobs

This decision was clearly a "BUSINESS DECISION" more than anything else. I don't think it had anything to do with the opponent or money, it was simply a Promotion not happy with this New Promotion coming along using their fighter to make a name for themselves
    So basically if you lose a purse bid, pull out right away. Man, I wonder what people would say about top Rank and Loma if they pulled out after losing the purse bid to GBP. I mean, bad business right..... they didn't win it.

Why is GBP still going through with the Ruenrong fight too? They lost that purse bid, same as the Randy Caballero...those are still going on for some reason... sounds like bad business to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      They could have STILL FOUGHT JACOBS AFTER and the fight would have been even bigger as a "unification" bout. Not sure why you glossed over my post:
      It doesn't screw over Roc Nation though. They don't lose any money. And they can move on and snatch another purse bid if they want or they can co promote, as I heard Top Rank is willing to work with them.

Now if Haymon would have let this fight go, Roc Nation would have paid $1.9 million for this fight alone, plus undercard fights etc, they would have lost money. If I'm Haymon, I would have laughed that they paid my client so much money and then after the fight, Quillin would have had zero ties to Roc Nation. Haymon only hurt his client by robbing him of a career high payday.

Also, you ignore my posts about how Golden Boy is NOT making money off Quillin. He isn't a cash cow. They aren't making a profit on Quillin fights! He is not a draw, never has been and likely never will be (thus his career as an undercard fighter). This would have been good publicity for Quillin, a very winnable fight for a huge payday (one that he isn't worth) and again, still could have fought Jacobs after in a BIGGER fight. This only hurts the Quillin-Jacobs fight.
      Willing to bet they make more off of Quillin vs Jacobs than they would just getting a "CUT" from a Roc Nation Promoted Event.

Fans are just looking at match ups WE WANT and rightfully so, while behind closed doors Promoters and Managers are looking $$$ and what is most profitable. Two local kids fighting at the Barcley Center I think will actually be pretty profitable, more so than the other fight

Again not defending the move but I UNDERSTAND IT! Yes Quillin should have taken the nice Pay Day and then fought Jacobs I agree with that 100%, it would have been a nice way to build up a following because people would have tuned in to see the first Roc Nation Boxing Event. But again I do think it was more so the people around him to shut that down.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
        Majority of people see it as it is. Then there are the defenders.

Giving up a title is never a good business decision. Are you saying he did it because he's sure of losing to Korobov and sees it as his last fight? If he beat him, he keeps his title, gets his first $1million and his next would be a bigger money fight. What "business decision" are you talking about?
        No, actually I see it more as a Promotion Blocking Potential Competition from making a name for themselves off of their fighter...BUSINESS!

Again I don't agree with but I can understand the chess move from GBP and Haymon when it comes to BUSINESS. I am willing to Bet that NETWORK played a role into this decision as well

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
          So basically if you lose a purse bid, pull out right away. Man, I wonder what people would say about top Rank and Loma if they pulled out after losing the purse bid to GBP. I mean, bad business right..... they didn't win it.

Why is GBP still going through with the Ruenrong fight too? They lost that purse bid, same as the Randy Caballero...those are still going on for some reason... sounds like bad business to me.
          The Difference with those is that a 3rd Party Promotion did not win that Bid so it is not the same at all. Once again I DON'T AGREE WITH THE MOVE from Quillin at all, he haven't done **** in the sport yet to be picking and choosing fights like this. But I am also positive that His Promotion and Manager had a lot to do with the decision, I am positive they made him some type of Guarantee that if he drops the title and fight Jacobs instead he will likely get just as big of a PayDay. We Shall See!

Comment

Steve kim is demolishing this joke

Comment

The Difference with those is that a 3rd Party Promotion did not win that Bid so it is not the same at all. Once again I DON'T AGREE WITH THE MOVE from Quillin at all, he haven't done **** in the sport yet to be picking and choosing fights like this. But I am also positive that His Promotion and Manager had a lot to do with the decision, I am positive they made him some type of Guarantee that if he drops the title and fight Jacobs instead he will likely get just as big of a PayDay. We Shall See!
              I guess Wlad is an idiot then for letting that third party win the purse bid and going through with the fight.

Very very unlikely that QUillin gets 1.4 million. Because that means you're going to have to pay Jacobs just as much and that'll be their most expensive main even this year... for two guys who have never headlined a card. I don't even know if it'll be a headliner yet, will probably be on Danny Garcia's undercard

Comment

1 billion points Quillin won't make as much.... .no way he does

Let's go mr. business

Comment

Working...
                X