Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did VANES turn down 300,000 for the ANGULO FIGHT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
    what business side are you talking about? you honestly cant tell me he deserves more.

Donaire got paid $350,000 when he faced Montiel for the wbc and wbo titles. Vanes is doing a title eliminator and is getting paid about the same thing, why should they pay him more? this fight would have lead him to bigger pay days and a chance to fight Canelo for the title.
    because angulo would be the fav to ko his ass..and not only that but Roach wont be around to train him he aint risking that. Cintron beat Angulo that guy is way overrated.

Comment

I'm sure he and Roach know how bad of a style matchup Angulo is for him.

Honestly, Angulo is a bad matchup for anyone at 154. The only person I see destroying Angulo in that division is reigning at 160 right now.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
        because angulo would be the fav to ko his ass..and not only that but Roach wont be around to train him he aint risking that. Cintron beat Angulo that guy is way overrated.
        ???? so he deserves a bigger payday because Angulo is favored to win? that doesn't make any sense, the underdog never gets paid more. I just showed you how much a bantamweight got paid to headline on HBO and they were for world titles. So after all the trash talking that Vanes has been doing about not getting his title shot he now decides to pull out of a fight that will lead him to one? your also forgetting that Angulo has been inactive for more then a year so the Freddie Roach not being able to train him talk isn't going to cut it for me, this guy clearly wants no part of Angulo.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
          ???? so he deserves a bigger payday because Angulo is favored to win? that doesn't make any sense, the underdog never gets paid more. I just showed you how much a bantamweight got paid to headline on HBO and they were for world titles. So after all the trash talking that Vanes has been doing about not getting his title shot he now decides to pull out of a fight that will lead him to one? your also forgetting that Angulo has been inactive for more then a year so the Freddie Roach not being able to train him talk isn't going to cut it for me, this guy clearly wants no part of Angulo.
          roach wont be able to train him..chances are vanes loses..he atleast will feel more confident with his trainer being there with him for a full camp.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing2106 View Post
            yea but he was fighting lesser opposition.. understand the business side of boxing.. 300 k aint ****.. especially for a guy who has a huge chance of knocking him out. he has to pay his trainer,manager,taxes, training fees..his conditioner,cutman,nutritionist,promoter.. if all the 300 k went just to him it be one thing but its not.
            Angulo was getting paid around the same amount to appear on Hbo vs julio and alcine. Thats just what hbo pays....they were being generous to vanes if u ask me

Comment

Angulo turn down 950K to fight Martinez, he blantantly ducked MArtinez, so you Perro fans need to STFU!!!!

Comment

He knows his chin wouldn't stand up to those Angulo power shots.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                  Angulo turn down 950K to fight Martinez, he blantantly ducked MArtinez, so you Perro fans need to STFU!!!!
                  You act like everybody's in a hurry to fight Martinez.

Comment

vanes should've fought angulo... he was calling everyone out... time to back up your mouth with actions

Comment

Originally posted by RICHLOC View Post
                      You act like everybody's in a hurry to fight Martinez.
                      Well he is only willing to either fight WWs or MW bums, so....

I bet Pirog, Golovkin or Degale would fight him in a heartbeat!!

Comment

Working...
                      X