No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barrera Speaks On Morales, Marquez, Free Agent Status

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Barrera Speaks On Morales, Marquez, Free Agent Status

By Ernest Gabion - On the heels of longtime rival Erik Morales turning in a spectacular effort against Marcos Maidana last Saturday, Marco Antonio Barrera spoke with Boxingscene.com regarding his thoughts on the aforementioned fight and the possibility of a fourth fight between the two Mexican warriors.

Barrera shares his thoughts about this and much more, including his pending free agent status, entertaining the thought of a rematch with countryman Juan Manuel Marquez, against whom he dropped a decision in 2007, and the thought of becoming Mexico’s first ever four-division champion. [Click Here To Read More]

good interview eaner, I like Rios but I want to see him get schooled by the vet.
    Last edited by $coinblatt$; 04-13-2011, 01:45 PM.

Comment

At this point a fight between Marquez and Barrera wouldn't even be close at this point. The first fight was close but I think Marquez beat Barrera and morales pretty easily.

Comment

barrera is a solid fighter as a mexican i never cared much for him, morales and marquez are nothes above him

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli02 View Post
          go interview eaner, I like Rios but I want to see him get schooled by the vet.
          earner did that interview??

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtli02 View Post
            go interview eaner, I like Rios but I want to see him get schooled by the vet.
            Thank you sir

Marco sought me out me out from the times I have interviewed him before and he wanted to break his free agent status with me

I think he is looking for the big fights to be honest but said he has no issues with fighting whoever in order to get his 4th division belt

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
              earner did that interview??
              I have worked for bscene since 2007 Larry

Comment

I'm not much of a fan of Barrera, but I respect the way he is trying to close out his career if he is really gonna do what he says he's gonna do. I like the fact that Morales took a fight with Maidana and if Barrera ends up fighting Rios for a fourth belt he gets major props from me.

I've expressed my feelings about Marquez. I feel he's taking the path of least resistance of the three by fighting Zab Judah and it's why I don't have much respect for him anymore.

Barrera does kind of have me a little confused though. At first he said he wasn't too keen on giving JMM a rematch because he thought he won. Now he is saying he'd be willing to fight him again. I thought the fight could've went either way, but Barrera kind of acted like a prick after the fight by saying he didn't want a rematch and instead fought a borefest with Pacquiao in their rematch.

Comment

Barrera vs. Rios. Make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                    I'm not much of a fan of Barrera, but I respect the way he is trying to close out his career if he is really gonna do what he says he's gonna do. I like the fact that Morales took a fight with Maidana and if Barrera ends up fighting Rios for a fourth belt he gets major props from me.

I've expressed my feelings about Marquez. I feel he's taking the path of least resistance of the three by fighting Zab Judah and it's why I don't have much respect for him anymore.

Barrera does kind of have me a little confused though. At first he said he wasn't too keen on giving JMM a rematch because he thought he won. Now he is saying he'd be willing to fight him again. I thought the fight could've went either way, but Barrera kind of acted like a prick after the fight by saying he didn't want a rematch and instead fought a borefest with Pacquiao in their rematch.
                    How can that be? Hes all class and heart, never backed down, gave us some of the greatest fights of the last 15 years, can box, brawl, and is a credit to the sport. A true HOFer and to say he avoided a rematch with marquez and fought pacquiao instead just don't make much sense. If all boxers were like MAB the fight game would be better off.

Comment

Working...
                    X