• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Diego Armando Maradona.

Comment

It's Pele.....................

Comment

Originally posted by Joe2608 View Post
        Calling Zidane the best player of all time is crazy.
        I disagree, i honestly think Zidane was that good. Certainly good enough to be considered amongst Pele and Maradona, and i can understand the argument for him actually being the GOAT.

Im not going to list all of his attributes because like all the other players in the poll, there's far too many, simply put he was a genius. I will say this though, i think a lesser striker could replace Maradona and Pele in terms of the volume of goals they scored but you could not find another attacking mid in the world to replace what Zidane did in the middle of the park.

Comment

I voted Maradona

Comment

Diego Maradona

Comment

Maradona was an attacking midfielder/second striker.

He scored a great many goals but his assists were amazing

"Hello to you. I think may be able to provide an answer. Back when soccerpulse.com was still alive, a user by the name of Vegan posted detailed statistics of his number of assists. He had over 300 assists to go along with his 300 goals in club football, giving him over one goal/assist per game, as well as 47 assists for his international career. Given the frequent less-than-stellar finishing (to put it kindly) he had to work with throughout his career (I base this off of watching videos from these two users at YouTube mainly: disagol and kei16662), I find these statistics truly remarkable. I hope this helps"

Maradona was a charismatic leader who could score amazing goals produce amazing assists. He was amazing in every aspect of the word.

If we had a maradona in our england team we would have had some passion like the argies have atm

Also the best striker who ever lived is probably pele or ronaldo de lima. Ronaldo was an absolute beast up front.

But maradona has got it all. Technical ability, ball control, leadership and charisma. 300 football assists ...that's nearly as many goals he scored

That's the thing about maradona. He scored a ton of goals as an attacking midfielder but the reason why he was so good was because of his assists.

Like the assist that gave them a 3-2 lead in the 1986 WC finals

Also maradona took a 2nd rate club called napoli FC to winners of serie A when the italian league was the strongest in the world. Back then you can tackle from behind and the tackles were absolutely brutal. Nowadays you can't do that. Imagine if maradona was playing in this day and age where getting a yellow or red is very easy.
              Last edited by Xercen; 06-29-2010, 09:19 AM.

Comment

i voted george best for obvious reasons, after him maradona, then pele.

Van Basten was better than Zidane and Ronaldo. Shame van basten had to retire at 28 due to injury. Romario is very underrated on all time polls as well.(anyone catch the footballing legends about van basten last night on sky?)

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                  i voted george best for obvious reasons, after him maradona, then pele.

Van Basten was better than Zidane and Ronaldo. Shame van basten had to retire at 28 due to injury. Romario is very underrated on all time polls as well.(anyone catch the footballing legends about van basten last night on sky?)
                  I always pick Van Basten as a striker whenever I pick an all-time Fantasy XI

Brilliant footballer whose career, as you said, was tragically cut short.

Comment

Another Dutch genius who makes my all-time XI:

Comment

well, there is no doubt best is the best looking of all the players i have listed, but i think at least 3 guys in the poll are better than him.

Comment

Working...
                      X